Why do girls post naked pictures of themselves?

Usually I try to mind my own business and try to not judge people but it's so Hard now a days when I see girls posting naked photos of themselve. Like don't they value their body? don't they respect it? Why would they want people to see every Inch of their bodies? Sorry, this isn't as much of a... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't have any self-respect. And it also usually has to do with some kind of insecurity and the attention they get from it. People giving them this attention makes them feel better about themselves.

It's easy to judge girls like this but a lot of them have real self-image issues. Many struggle internally with accepting themselves for the way they are. A girl from my high school used to post rather promiscuous pictures of herself constantly on every social forum. She struggled with eating disorders, respecting herself and her body, and men just used her for sex and never talked to her again. She was extremely insecure with herself and people complimenting her pictures gave her some sense of validation for herself.

I genuinely feel sorry for girls like that. Think about it this way, something probably happened to them in their life to make them be that way. We don't know a persons past or why they are the way are. Everyone has a story. I try not to judge because I don't know what other people go through every day.