• Ask
  • myTake

Why do girls post naked pictures of themselves?

Usually I try to mind my own business and try to not judge people but it's so Hard now a days when I see girls posting naked photos of themselve.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• They don't have any self-respect. And it also usually has to do with some kind of insecurity and the attention they get from it. People giving them this attention makes them feel better about themselves.It's easy to judge girls like this but a lot of them have real self-image issues. Many struggle internally with accepting themselves for the way they are. A girl from my high school used to post rather promiscuous pictures of herself constantly on every social forum. She struggled with eating disorders, respecting herself and her body, and men just used her for sex and never talked to her again. She was extremely insecure with herself and people complimenting her pictures gave her some sense of validation for herself.I genuinely feel sorry for girls like that. Think about it this way, something probably happened to them in their life to make them be that way. We don't know a persons past or why they are the way are. Everyone has a story. I try not to judge because I don't know what other people go through every day.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm glad to see someone agree with me on this. Why would a girl do this? If a guy doesn't find her attractive clothed, he's not going to suddenly flip for her just because she sends him a nude photo. And a lot of us guys are put off by a girl who offers to do that' Even now, when I'm married, girls I know only slightly suddenly sejnd me unsolicited nude photos, thinking I'll leave my wife for them, I guessThat's only a guess. I really can't fathom this epidemic of nude photo exchanges going on.

• People today have come to view attention on the Internet as a substitute for being valued in the real world. Not just with naked pictures, but stuff like Facebook and twitter. Others are exobitionists and get off on the idea of strangers ogling their body.

• They want acceptance from people, they want people to tell them they like it because it makes them feel a bit better about themselves.

• I think you shouldn't let things like this bother you so. Just know that it's their bodies they are showing and not yours.

• they want to be told there hot and have people pay attention to them.

• Why? Cause girls are attention whores, obv.

• they like the attention they get, any attention is good for them.

• Everyone views their sexuality differently. Girls posting these pics as ametuers WANT to do it (outside of someone doing it without consent). The flip side is do you think these others girls judge you for not having the guts to post pics of your body? Maybe, but most likely not. There is a far divide between conservatives and liberals. You can judge without posting judgement. Live and let live. You can not make the same choices with out preaching to others how to make theirs...

• Human nudity is strangely sacred for no real reason. These are revolutionaries!

• They just want to impress people with their body.

• It's funny how girls complain about being objectified then act like this.

• some of them look good and want to show off their hotness.some of them just need attention.some of us folks that show off are smart enough to not show their face and still get paid for it ;)

• I don't see the problem. There are cultures that don't wear clothing at all. I saw an expose on a tribe that basically wore face paint and rope about the waist, that's it. I'm not so sure about posting pics, but since the stigma of female nudity as bad has subsided a little, more woman are showing off what God gave them. Personally, I think women prefer to be naked, or wear less clothes. During summer in NYC, I see short-shorts, tight shorts, what I consider to be a scarfs used as a top. There is no reason to wear it, but they do, and I don't complain. :P

• The usual attention

What Girls Said 10

• Because they want to be looked at. And some think it makes them cool because some guys like it.It's not my thing. The ones that bother me are the ones that post it and then complain when certain people see them or when people think differently of them for it.

• They want attention and like to be wanted.

• This is the answer to most questions about why teenage girls or girls in their early 20s do something outrageous...

• Yes it is. :)

• Its for attention.

• Live and let die. Every person is different and expresses themselves as they want. Why would something like this steal your peace of mind? it´s up to you in the end. Every person has a free will to choose what they want to do. At some point in their lives, they will see if what they have done has left them with an added value into their lives or not.

• lack of self-respect.

• desperate cry for attention, prob insecurity.

• They have critical self esteem issue.They need to do that to boost their confident by getting compliments and attention from the opposite gender.They feel attractive and desirable.

• Same reason why boys do it, attention

• I have done it, and I love it. I feel sexy. I love that a guy likes my body. I respect myself by taking care of me and my body so why don´t let anybody else look at it. The feeling that I get when I do it, is pleasure in being admired and desired.

• how can you have respect for yourself if all you want guys to see is your parts? how can you trust that a guy likes your personality when all he sees is nude photos?