How do you feel about going nude at home around family?

I recently got caught by my Dad laying out by the pool completely nude. He was actually cool about it. Now I spend most of my time naked around the house. My Dad is starting to adjust to the idea.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 7

• Selected as most helpful

My best friend's ex husband's family are nudists. They take vacations to nudist camps to hang out with people who feel the same way. Though they are all grown, this was something that they have done since childhood.

They're not perverts or crazy - his father is a retired Marine and his mother is a retired school teacher. If you and your family are comfortable with nudity, it shouldn't be equated with deviance. It a personal thing.

My family was completely opposite, though my mother didn't have a problem getting caught naked, us girls had to be fully clothed at all times, especially around my father. He was Catholic, which I believe had a lot to do with his modesty. As a child, I didn't even walk around in my underwear.

The result of my upbringing is this: I don't have a problem being naked, modesty doesn't exist in my immediate family, as long as my extended family wasn't present.

• I would never.

• I'm okay walking around naked with the female side of my family (my mum and sisters...) but my dad I would just feel really awkward (but when I was growing up I barely saw him, so that could play a part in it).

• Well, I've had members of my family accidentally see me naked and I didn't freak out about it. But willfully walking around the house like that in front of your father is a bit odd to say the least. I'm pretty open about my body. I don't mind being naked around my friends. I have even swam and sunbathed nude around male friends but I think it has an incestuous feel about it with your own family. It seems creepy to me but hey, whatever works for you.

• Awkward and weird.

• I think it's kinda weird.

• Um, to each their own. Personally, I wouldn't be doing this at all around my parents or siblings. My husband is another story.

• I think that totally depends on the family members. If any member wants to do it and others are willing to adjust so that he/she can do it whenever they want, then why not. It really doesn't concern anyone else and is no one elses business as long as there's no incest that it'll incite. You should be able to go nude in your own house all you want and other family members really do need to get used to the idea. It's like, if you can't have freedom at home, then where can you?

• I feel it is wonderful. You are lucky to have a family that is not burdened by silly hangups about their bodies. Nudity is natural, comfortable, and healthy. People in the US are the most uptight people on earth over the human body. Most of the rest of the world are very open and free to practice nudity. Hopefully the US will get over this in time.

• Nothing wrong with being nude in your own home.

• Yeah I feel very, very weird about what you're saying. I'd NEVER be nude around family. Gross. Disgusting. Wrong.

• You also have comprehension problems with reading I see. "Getting off" what has sexual activity to do with nudism? WOW, you are a seething cauldron of emotional problems. :) Try to lighten up, your heading for ulcers.

• Hahahaaa dude I'm with you. I would NOT feel comfortable at ALL being naked around my family. That just isn't normal for me, but I guess its different for everyone. Sorry if I offended you.

haha

• Thank goodness I'm not the only one lol

• Show Older
  • Good for you. You have better folks than I had; no naked in my house, ever.

• It's pretty weird, but as long as there's no incest then there's nothing really wrong. Incest is punishable by law in some states, even if both parties are over 18.

• in my family, underwear is ok. Total nudity, we avoid, but if it happens by accident, no BFD.