• Ask
  • myTake

Would men flat out lie about their penis size and why?

This occurrence got me curious. Everywhere I go, both online and in real life, I see guys being accused of lying, or exaggerating regarding their claim about their specific penis size. Or simply regarding their claim that they are "big". Especially in flirtatious conversation with the opposite gender.Now I wonder if it really is true, that men are so insecure that they lie about their penis size? (Like I know some ladies do about their weight or age.)And if this is true, could there be some other reason? Maybe it's not about insecurity? Girl perspectives are welcome, guys' much appreciated. ^^

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Having a big d*** doesn't ensure good sex. It often means the guy is lazy and thinks just because he has a big d*** it means that he's a sex god. But many guys do lie.

What Guys Said 16

• I'm actually pretty secure about my penis size. I don't lie about it. I am insecure about how it looks in proportion to the rest of my body though, I'm a big dude so even though I'm above average in size it "looks" small.

• I guess a couple of them think that many girls are fixated on penis, because a large penis represents fertility being amazing in bed and an overall great catch. I guess it's the same thing when overweight girls regard themselves as curvy or just big boned. It's self encouragement, if I say I look great, than the other person might also believe that and see me in another light.

• A big d*** won't get more women interested.If that was true,you should tell me where to advertise it.Women mainly want a man who is 2" taller and has a 2" shorter d***.

• Easy answer. Because that's what women prefer or require. It's not the smartest thing to do, but, I guess, it's a percentage thing. Once you entice a woman with size, will she turn you down if don't measure up? Some will, some won't.But it's no different than every woman here saying she has the tightest, smallest, vagina in the world. Sometimes, I think women lie more about their size than men do.

• So much about penis size is so relative that it just gets fuzzy.There's the objective truth, with scientifically determined means, and percentiles and all that, so guys that are concerned enough about it can find out exactly where they are on a bell curve. But then, there's the subjective aspects. Most guys have only seen other erect penises in p*rn, which are mostly exceptionally large, like 95th percentile and above. So their perception of their own penis is that it's small, despite being bigger than say 50 or 75% of the population. There's an added element, when a girl who has only encountered average or smaller penises sees one that is somewhat, but not too much bigger. She's liable to say all sorts of things about it, meanwhile the guy knows that statistically it's not that big. It's just a miscommunication based on perception, not facts, but nevertheless it tends to cause problems. Scientifically, about 10% of penises are longer than 6.75 inches. Now, that's a lot given the size of the population (over 10 million in America alone), but it's still bigger than 9 out of every 10. So even a guy that's above average feels worried that he's going to get a girl that's had one bigger than his. And he's always going to be worried that his best friend is bigger. So yes, they will flat lie about it. An exaggeration of just .5 an inch can jump them up several percentiles. (6"= 60th percentile, 6.5"= 80th percentile) But the truth is that almost 1/2 of all penises are between 5.25" and 6.25" long. So when girls say that they won't touch one under 7, it rules out around 94% of men, regardless of any of their other qualities. (I know not all girls do that, but it happens, and that's what compels guys to lie about it.) There is also a fundamental issue with the way women estimate penis size... they usually overestimate it considerably. A US dollar is 6.14" long and an American roll of toilet paper is 4" wide. The vast majority of penises fall in this range. Yet, on sites such as this, there are constantly women posting about penis sizes of 7, 8, 9, 10 inches and larger. It's entirely possible, so I'm not calling them liars, but many of them are statistically either misjudging its length, repeating a lie, or lying themselves. Guys will continue to lie about it forever. It might decrease some if everyone can just come to grips with what the average ACTUALLY is, and learn to recognize it, but even then, there's always going to be a bigger one out there. And since guys seldom talk about it, or allow other men to see their erect length, the uncertainty will continue to make guys exaggerate and lie.

• I admit I lie about my penis size at every opportunity I get, but only because I'm Asian, and I have a lot of fun making Micro-Penis-Asian jokes.

• if there not willing to show you but they tell you then chances are they're probably lying.just a little FYI.

• Alot f men do cause they think that women will want to talk to them or sleep with them if they have a big d***. IT goes back to TV and how they show girls going crazy over big d***s and the hung guys having all the fun. I am secure in what I have and have no reason to lie about it. I think lying is dumb cause eventually you are going to have to show her so you are going to get busted. I don't try to brag or throw it out there I answer the question truthfully when asked.

• I seen a study that showed that the average guy lies by an one inch and a half, when a girl ask about his size. It's pretty easy to fool most girl's, seeing that they don't walk around with a ruler when they head to the bedroom. Most girl I have talked to seem to think the average size penis is 7 inches, when in reality the average size is closer to 5 and a half. So girls, when a guy tell's you he's 8 inches. Safely assume it's closer to 6 and a half, and so on. You can't really blame a guy for adding inches to his size, some girls in there 20's seem to think big=good sex.

• I have a small one (7inches) but there's nothing I can do about so I have to live with it.

• Yes. Men also lie about their height. I think mostly they lie to themselves by measuring wrong.

• I've given up on girls anyway because of lack of success. but no even if I were still in the dating game, I wouldn't lie.

• mine is only 9 centimeters long,so what?

• Some probably lie because they think women place a lot of importance on it. Others because it's almost like some measure of manhood. That you're more of a man if you're well hung.Fortunately for me I don't have to lie - 7 inches.

• because guys know most girls will pass them up if they aren't above average

• I always say I am smaller then actual size.Hero move.

What Girls Said 4

• Ya, I know people who do.

• obviously. Men on gag cause a riot on Penis topics.

• Guys are more likely to embellish their height than their penis size. That being said, online, you can guess that more people lie than when talking to others who could possible catch them lying.That being said, I've never had a guy tell me he had a huge d*** outside of the internet. I've had a few guys say that it was small and it turned out to be smallish or around average. But most guys who've had big ones didn't really say anything about it.

• Of course because they watch too much p*rn. All the guys in p*rn have big d*cks.