Would men flat out lie about their penis size and why?

This occurrence got me curious. Everywhere I go, both online and in real life, I see guys being accused of lying, or exaggerating regarding their claim about their specific penis size. Or simply regarding their claim that they are "big". Especially in flirtatious conversation with the opposite gender.

Now I wonder if it really is true, that men are so insecure that they lie about their penis size? (Like I know some ladies do about their weight or age.)

And if this is true, could there be some other reason? Maybe it's not about insecurity?

Girl perspectives are welcome, guys' much appreciated. ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a big d*** doesn't ensure good sex. It often means the guy is lazy and thinks just because he has a big d*** it means that he's a sex god.

But many guys do lie.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 16

• So much about penis size is so relative that it just gets fuzzy.

There's the objective truth, with scientifically determined means, and percentiles and all that, so guys that are concerned enough about it can find out exactly where they are on a bell curve.

But then, there's the subjective aspects. Most guys have only seen other erect penises in p*rn, which are mostly exceptionally large, like 95th percentile and above. So their perception of their own penis is that it's small, despite being bigger than say 50 or 75% of the population. There's an added element, when a girl who has only encountered average or smaller penises sees one that is somewhat, but not too much bigger. She's liable to say all sorts of things about it, meanwhile the guy knows that statistically it's not that big. It's just a miscommunication based on perception, not facts, but nevertheless it tends to cause problems.

Scientifically, about 10% of penises are longer than 6.75 inches. Now, that's a lot given the size of the population (over 10 million in America alone), but it's still bigger than 9 out of every 10. So even a guy that's above average feels worried that he's going to get a girl that's had one bigger than his. And he's always going to be worried that his best friend is bigger.

So yes, they will flat lie about it. An exaggeration of just .5 an inch can jump them up several percentiles. (6"= 60th percentile, 6.5"= 80th percentile) But the truth is that almost 1/2 of all penises are between 5.25" and 6.25" long. So when girls say that they won't touch one under 7, it rules out around 94% of men, regardless of any of their other qualities. (I know not all girls do that, but it happens, and that's what compels guys to lie about it.)

There is also a fundamental issue with the way women estimate penis size... they usually overestimate it considerably. A US dollar is 6.14" long and an American roll of toilet paper is 4" wide. The vast majority of penises fall in this range. Yet, on sites such as this, there are constantly women posting about penis sizes of 7, 8, 9, 10 inches and larger. It's entirely possible, so I'm not calling them liars, but many of them are statistically either misjudging its length, repeating a lie, or lying themselves.

Guys will continue to lie about it forever. It might decrease some if everyone can just come to grips with what the average ACTUALLY is, and learn to recognize it, but even then, there's always going to be a bigger one out there. And since guys seldom talk about it, or allow other men to see their erect length, the uncertainty will continue to make guys exaggerate and lie.

• I guess a couple of them think that many girls are fixated on penis, because a large penis represents fertility being amazing in bed and an overall great catch.

I guess it's the same thing when overweight girls regard themselves as curvy or just big boned.

It's self encouragement, if I say I look great, than the other person might also believe that and see me in another light.

• A big d*** won't get more women interested.If that was true,you should tell me where to advertise it.

Women mainly want a man who is 2" taller and has a 2" shorter d***.

• I seen a study that showed that the average guy lies by an one inch and a half, when a girl ask about his size. It's pretty easy to fool most girl's, seeing that they don't walk around with a ruler when they head to the bedroom. Most girl I have talked to seem to think the average size penis is 7 inches, when in reality the average size is closer to 5 and a half.

So girls, when a guy tell's you he's 8 inches. Safely assume it's closer to 6 and a half, and so on. You can't really blame a guy for adding inches to his size, some girls in there 20's seem to think big=good sex.

• I'm actually pretty secure about my penis size. I don't lie about it.

I am insecure about how it looks in proportion to the rest of my body though, I'm a big dude so even though I'm above average in size it "looks" small.

More from Guys
11

What Girls Said 5

• Ya, I know people who do.

• obviously. Men on gag cause a riot on Penis topics.

• Of course because they watch too much p*rn. All the guys in p*rn have big d*cks.

• Guys are more likely to embellish their height than their penis size. That being said, online, you can guess that more people lie than when talking to others who could possible catch them lying.

That being said, I've never had a guy tell me he had a huge d*** outside of the internet. I've had a few guys say that it was small and it turned out to be smallish or around average. But most guys who've had big ones didn't really say anything about it.