Ladies, why do you leave a landing strip?

This is more of a cosmetic question. What I want to know is this:

When women shave their muffins (or genital areas), why do they leave a small strip of hair right in the middle? I am sure this is more than just "Got tired and quit before shaving it all off". Cannot figure out why not shave the whole area? Surely there is a good reason for this. Been bothering me for years but had better sense than to ask a woman directly for fear of being slapped!

Do women like a shaved man?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its a style thing. Some girls leave a little triangle (point down), some take everything off, I once hear of a girl leaving a little heart. There are girls who leave themselves natural or who trim a little. It is like different hair cuts (on her head). I think the "landing strip" style you are talking about has been popularized (normalized to some degree) by the porn industry. So maybe women just feel that that's what men expect it to look like.

As for what women like, I guess it probably differs depending on the woman. I wouldn't be doing any sucking/licking on a guy who wasn't trimmed (not only does it make him seem neat but somehow cleaner in my mind). I find completely shaved a little creepy on a guy. That's just me though.

• Never thought of it as a style. Good point. I just feel may as well shave it all off. I shave too but not often enough. Royal pain in the butt for men.