How can I stop having sex with random people?

I keep having sex with random people, and I just can't stop. It's not healthy and I don't know what to do.

I'm 17 years old. And I always make the guy wrap it.

I've come to realize that this really is not good.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, "random people" is just dangerous. Do you know these people at all? Not only could you catch a disease but each random person you get busy with is one step closer to the eventual weirdo/stalker/date rapist that won't stay within your boundaries.

But "lots of people" isn't necessarily that awful. I mean to some, "lots" equals five. To others, fifty. To others five hundred. To pretend that there's a "good" number out there for you to adhere to is sanctimonious and false. (Even I agree that 500 is too many but that's not my point. ) My point is how many do you want to have sex with? Zero? Three? Six? Okay, then embrace that amount as appropriate for your sex drive and go screw that number and no more. (Well, you can't really get there retroactively but going forward. ) Say "I want to have sex with one guy this year. " Okay, now figure out who the lucky guy is, get busy with him, and only him. It's YOUR sex life.

That said, even the total prudes are correct that the more people you boff, the more at risk you are for disease and unwanted pregnancy, not to mention the tangentials such as "bad reputation" and "heartache" and so on.

Finally, of course you can stop if you REALLY wanted to. People choosing negative behavior tend not to like to hear this; they tend to excuse their way out of ANYTHING. But the truth is that you are in control of how often you choose to have sex. This isn't like "I keep breaking out in a rash and I don't know what to do. " Instead, this is conscious, intentional behavior so own it.

I don't want to make light if you are "addicted" or "compensating for inadequate attention from dad" or "acting out against authority" or any conceivable, real, psychological/behavioral explanation for your actions. There IS a core reason (or two) inside you and its resulting in you behaving against your own wishes. So go talk to a counselor about sex addiction, and so on. There are THOUSANDS of people going through therapy programs successfully specifically for this problem as we speak. Go join them and then you'll get better and feel better. BTW, whether its sex addiction or gambling or yelling at your kids or anything in your control, the programs will all tell you roughly the same message as my previous paragraph. You can't stop it until you realize you own it and its up to you and only you to stop it.