Delete Ex-boyfriend from Facebook?

I want to 100% get over him. I have made such an improvement with moving on. I've started my life over, transferred to a University, and focusing on... Show More

It's been a year since we broke up. Haven't spoken to each other, at all. Haven't seen him. Is it stupid that I delete him NOW?
Thanks for the advice... He's officially off my friend's list.

Most Helpful Guy

• mmmh... this may be a very dumb comment, especially if you're trying to move on, but what if you asked him first if you could delete him, saying you don't wanna seem like you're mad at him but it's just easier this way to move on.

I still have my last ex in my Facebook friends and luckily she doesn't go online all that much but when I saw pictures of her and her new boyfriend I seriously asked myself whether or not I shouldn't just send her a message and say that I'm sorry and that I don't want to seem rude but that I think not being friends on Facebook is a good solution. You just need to see it as how you handle it in real life. You don't see him in real life, because it's healthier. The same would apply on Facebook so not being friends could just mean you don't want to have info about him when you're trying to get him out of your heart.

• I appreciate your comment but definitely not a good idea... this guy can be a total asshole. He's full of pride. It makes me really sad that he's like that but you can't change people. If I ask him if I can delete him he'd probably just laugh in my face about it (it's been a year since we broke up). You're right though, not seeing him in real life has been very healthy for me. Same goes for not speaking to him. Thanks for your thoughts, appreciate it.

• Oh, so in this case, then yeah you can delete him lol. If he's an asshole then it's about time you do it anyway! And it will help you move on better.