Why do some men get hurt so easily?

When my S/O is doing something to upset me I try to let him know what he is doing is making me feel bad. Ex:I say "When you come home and just go... Show More

This question is not about him being on the comp. It is about his behavior when I try to let him know he is doing something that hurts me. EX#2:I say "It makes it seem like you don't care"and he says"I'm really gonna act like I don't care now. "

Most Helpful Opinion

• I used to be a little defensive when someone told me to get off the computer because I'm ignoring my family. I eventually accepted that that's exactly what I am doing, but it took a long time. I don't think that anyone likes being told that what they're doing is hurting someone, and he's feeling defensive about it. Also, he might just feel that that is the only time he has to himself to do what he wants and relax. That's the way I feel about my books or watching a movie.

I've heard it said that a woman speaks five thousand words a day, and a guy only two thousand. When a guy is at work, he exhausts all of his words for the day, and then when he gets home, his wife, who may have used the same, is ready to talk all her words out. Basically, he might just be feeling all 'people'd out' and want the time to himself. I'm not saying it's right, but just that that may be what's causing him to react like that.

Maybe you two could use a little time away from the pressures of life. Take the family for a picnic once a week on the weekend to some place beautiful. Get everyone to relax and have fun. I'm sure that everyone will love it, and bring you all closer together. Also, find more things you can do with your husband, like going on 'dates' or just walking along the beach (if you're around one). Have fun!

• Your correct. That is exactley what he is doing he is being defensive because he knows what he is doing is wrong.

I have been feeling like we do need some time to ourselves so I have recently been planning a weekend alone for me and my hubby W/O the kids. He gets to pick the place and I get to bring all the goodies =)

Ha Ha. The words thing does kinda make since too. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your response.

• Sure thing. Just seen the update, and I think it reaffirms what I said. He's being defensive about what he's doing. He might also feel that he is trying hard to do the best he can. He might not be, but it sounds as though that is the way he feels. It's kinda like if you work hard on a project for your boss, and it doesn't come out right or on time. You might have tried hard, or perceived that you did, but your boss might see it differently. You will feel defensive of your work, no matter results.