Guys not texting back!

Okay this get's on my nerves SOOO much. Like do they think it's cool or something to wait forever to text you back? Like is it a game to them to make us wait? Honestly, WHAT could you possibly be doing that takes you pretty much exactly 10+ minutes to text you back, for every text?!And I'm not just talking about a once or twice kind of deal. I mean this goes on pretty much every time I am texting a certain person. And, why is it that when you finally get fed up at waiting for them to text back, and you go do something else and leave your phone, for like 20 minutes or something, then come back to 2 or 3 texts asking what you're doing and why you aren't texting them back! It is so frustrating. You aren't always busy.And speaking of that, when you end up not texting your girlfriend back after a WHOLE day, and she has sent you more than 2 texts, and you still don't answer, what does that mean? There is no way you don't have 20 seconds out of your day to say "Hey I'm sorry, I'm busy I'll call you tomorrow". WHY DO GUYS DO THIS? Game? Trying to be jerks? What?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• The reason why they're texting you and not talking to you on the phone is because they're BUSY. Making a big deal out of it only makes you seem like a clingy psychopath. This is just something YOU are going to have to deal with if you choose to communicate through text rather than picking up a phone and calling each other like actual human beings do.

• Psychopath? Yeah okay... I'm not saying we don't talk on the phone. But whenever we used to text he would always text back right away. Me and him have been on and off being together and now he always takes forever to text back. I know when he is busy and when he isn't.

• Show Older
    • It's the fact that they say they aren't doing any. But take forever to text you back. It is just frusturating and I want to know if they think it's some kind of game. It's almost 2010, like 80% of people hold conversations over text messages now. It has nothing to do with the fact of talking on the phone or texting.

• I can assure you its no game. Just a simple matter of priorities. Like I said in my comment to blazy's answer I don't even check my texts when I receive them, I usually check it a bit later.

What Guys Said 2

• No, it doesn't take much time to text so unless a guy is being a douche then he might in capital letters be busy. Most likely he's trying to play hard to get because some, sorry most guys think girls like a guy they can't have. What the hell ever happened to a girl likes a guy, gives him a couple small hints, the guy talks to the girl gets her number, starts talking and it goes on from there? Society that's why. So I'll have to side with the girls on this one. I text a lot, and I know its easy to send a message and unless a girl is an ego maniac she will not assume you have nothing better to do than text, but I text at the gym, at work, everywhere so I am 99% of the time doing something else as well.

• Thank you! Yeah that's what I basically figured. And I agree with you, I love to text also, so even if I'm way busy I'll still answer someone. So when people say they are too busy to text or something it's just suspicious. Unless you're using power tools or a machine gun or something like that (haha) I don't see why it will always take you so much time to respond.

• Why do girls sometimes wait a full day and say they were at work and couldn't text, who's playing the game here. But when I am in another or making dinner and it takes me an hour or two I get sand blasted?

What Girls Said 2

• My brother purposely waits at least 10 minutes to respond to text messages so the person doesn't think he's available to talk because he doesn't want them to keep texting him every two seconds.I don't really consider text messaging to be direct communication--there's a chance that someone is busy, left their phone in another room, etc. and can't get back to you right away, so I don't expect an immediate response. If I really wanted to communicate with someone ASAP, texting wouldn't be the way I did it. So, I don't think anything of it when someone takes more than 10 minutes to reply to me. It's not like I always respond right away either. I wouldn't expect anyone to say, "Hey, I'm busy right now," since the lack of an answer kind of implies it.

• This pretty much is it.

• No I understand what you mean, it's like the guy does it on purpose to make you wait to make you think he is busy or something. It does seem like a game. You aren't making a big deal out of it, you are just wanting to know why some guys purposely wait forever to text back every time. Like you send "hey" or "hi" and then like five minutes later they'll text you back and then you'll reply and another five minutes later they'll respond. It's like the guy is doing it on purpose. And really if the guy is just busy, then either tell us that or just don't text us back...we'll get the point that you are busy cause the whole waiting a while to text back for every text is just annoying and it makes it seem like you are playing game, doing it on purpose to make us think you are busy for some reason or just to annoy us. I don't know why, but I know what you mean.

• Oh my gosh, thank you!! That is exactly what I'm talking about. If they really are busy, why can't they just say so

• Show Older
    • Hahaaa. Alright then, what if this is your girlfriend, you are texting her, she asks you what you're up to, you respond with nothing what about you, and you still take 10 minutes to respond to every text. Is there a reason? Even when you told her you were doing nothing?

• Well I wouldn't have texted her to begin with. I would have called her. And if she was the one who texted me I would have responded with a phonecall and not a text, when I was able.