Prison vs Real Life?

I have a friend that has a 3 year old son and a baby on the way (due later in 2010). Her husband, which is also my brother, has been in and out of... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• He is caught in a vicious cycle and I don't think he really wants to change. With this in mind, no matter what anyone says to him, he won't listen or internalize it. He needs to identify these realities for himself so he can change his mindset, thinking and behavior. He is in this cycle of going to prison and only being accountable for the misdeeds he committed in society. It's easier to be in a cell then be a man, a father, husband, role model, productive member of society and live your own life. Incarceration has become his way of life. Maybe he doesn't believe that he can change or have a normal life outside of prison? Perhaps he has resigned himself to the fact that he will be in and out of prison for the rest of his life. If he really learned his lessons from previous mistakes, he'd put his best foot forward when he got out to redefine himself as a man.

I know it's frustrating and you want to shake some sense into him. But, the real power lays with him, IF he wants and will accept change in his life.

Best of luck.