How to tell if he's just being friendly or likes me more than just a friend?

There is a guy I just recently met he is outgoing and the flirty type. So he is not shy around women. I am the opposite I am shy and not the flirty type. We talked when we first met never really thought nothing more than just talked like friends do. Then his behavior changed around me he no longer would talk to me especially around his friends he would only talk to me when were alone. I have tried to get him to open up with his friends around to approach me and talk like I do but this guy will not. He acts shy towards me when there is a lot of people around but if we are alone he can flirt with me. Which I do not understand because I see him talking with girls for some reason he seems to be intimidated by me or just too scared to approach me in front of his friends. He acts and treats me different than he does with the other girls. I catch him looking at me sometimes he is really nervous if I look directly into his eyes. This guy has also on a number of times look deep into my eyes and hold his gaze longer. He has given me winks and smile with his face lit up number times. Sometimes he will smile and give me a nod and not say a word to me. He likes being close to me by being into my personal space. He really likes brushing up against me done this a lot. If he sees me talking to other guys he seems to be jealous acts nervous and stares at me. I tested him to see what his reaction would be if I wear a low cut top not too revealing and he stares more when I wear something low cut. I just do not get it why would a outgoing guy who is the flirty type be afraid of me who is shy not the flirty type? Which I have flirted with him and he seems to like very much. I am just not as aggressive as an outgoing girl. Since I know he can talk to girls not afraid of them but his behavior around the other girls is more jokily. Is he just being friendly and wants to be my friend like he is with the other girls or does he want to be more than just friends? I do not know what he wants maybe he is just as scared as me really is the shy type and just acts like a ladies man in front of his friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• He is shy around you because he has a huge crush. That is so obvious! How many more signs do you need?

Being in love makes a difference. Carefree flirting is easy and safe - nothing will actually happen. When you are in love the stakes are raised, you are vulnerable, have something to lose.

Don't test him. It makes you feel bad anyway - because you know you shouldn't and the results are never what you expect - and you confuse him with that behaviour. If you like him, just be nice to him. Ease up. Talk to him. Give him the opportunity to come to you, lead him the way.

He is more at ease when he's alone with you because that is what he wants to do. And when you are alone with the girl you like you have more control over the situation which makes you feel more comfortable. In a group of people there's so much happening and people interacting also with you and he might fear that others notice his interest in you and make a fool of him or he might fear of being rejected publicly. It's normal.

Especially if you are the shy type, he'll kow or feel or think that you have to be addressed in another way than all in the open. I wouldn't flirt publicly with a shy girl in a group, I would presume she would not like that at all. I'd try to get her attention, and if I felt secure enough, I'd try to do what your guy is doing: make her feel safe. Really, would you like to be flirted at publicly? Also shy types do usually not give much response to what you are doing, because, well, they are shy and act shy. That can make you feel very insecure when you approach a shy girl, because you get not that much feedback. It can be plain scary and it takes a lot of self confidence or guts.

Hope this helps.