How to tell if your teacher likes you?

He is in his 20's, like 25-28.

At first, he was not interested in me at all. But since this semester, his behavior towards me has changed a lot. This is because he noticed that I have matured since I don't bother him anymore, neither talk loudly while he's speaking and I now pay attention to what he says. Also, I have improve the quality of my work. But whatever, the thing is that now he's flirting. He started by talking more to me, mentioning my name in class more, and smiling to me while looking me in the eye. Then, he started touching my arm and back whenever he got an opportunity. I also noticed him staring at me throughout the whole period, and whenever I looked at him, he would look somewhere else pretending he wasn't looking at me. Also, he always tries to sit next to me when we do any class activity. He "accidentally" rubs his fingers against mine every time he checks my papers. He leans closer to me when he sits next to me. Currently, he is not staring at me anymore thought the class, but now we look at each others eyes for like 2 or 3 seconds for like 8 times each class. But then, he gets nervous and breaks eye contact. Then, the other day he grab my arm and lightly squeezed it. I notice that he is currently getting nervous with me, like for example he used to smiled and looked me in the eye when we talked but he looks at my eyes for some seconds and then looks away. Finally, he tries that I stay after everyone has leaved, in order to stay alone. Like he makes lame excuses so we can talk more alone.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he compliments me whenever I get a hair cut telling me "nice haircut" or "i like it".

So.

does he like me?

if likes me, why doesn't he ask me out?

should I ask him out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm. okay, so since I'm not there to witness it myself, I can't say if he's actually interested in your or not, you may just be a very cool student to him, or maybe you remind him of someone. but regardless, even if he WAS interested, he cannot ask you out. the law prevents it. he could get in very serious trouble, mainly because he is OVER 18 and you are a minor. once you turn 18, it's game on, but until then, it's illegal for anyone over the age of 18 to date anyone under the age of 18.

i'm not intending to sound like I'm condemning you at all, but you're a young teen, you may very well be mature for your age, but you are still nonetheless a young teenager, and he is an older man. it's not like he's 19 and just becoming a man. he's in his late 20's. he's experienced A LOT in those years. you're only 15. there's no way that you're ready for what he's ready for, you get where I'm going with this? I know there's a lot of couples who are older and have a big age gap, but they all have one thing in common, they're grown-ups. in teen years you're still growing, no matter how old you feel (trust me), you're still growing and changing, you don't need to involve yourself with an older man ;)

please heed my advice, if you try to start a relationship, he most likely will not allow it to happen for various reason (moral, guilty conscious, legal, ETC). and you'll feel hurt and it'll make everything very awkward. and if he DOES, trust me, he get fired and/or very BIG serious trouble, and/or you'll end up hurt and so very confused. trust me on this one. nothing good would come from a relationship flourishing right now ;) Enjoy being young, you have so much time to experience boys :)

What Guys Said 6

• Um.no (to all of the above).

You are 15 and he is in his mid to late 20's. I think that is enough said.

• i smell a creeper. lol.

• I am an education major and I am telling you that there is a very slim possibility that he is flirting with you and if he likes you it is just professional not in a romanticized way at all. You should go to school and be a good kid and not think about a relationship with him or think about asking him out. You are way to young for him at 15 you should be looking at boys around your age maybe up to 18 years old. I think you are over analyzing the whole situation.

• Yeah, I would be very careful with this thing because you could be playing with fire. For a teacher to ask a student of your age out, he would definitely get fired, lose his job and respect in the school and community and probably not be allowed to teach again anywhere else. By the way you described the situation, it sounds like he has some type of attraction to you, but if he does not ask you out, it's probably because he knows better than to ask someone of your age out because his job and entire career would be in jeopardy. If you truly like him and care about him, you will not attempt to get him to ask you out or do anything with you because if anyone finds out, you will end up ruining his entire career and it will not be worth it for a crush! You need to stop and think and not just think about how you feel about him and how much you like him and want him to like you because this is something that's very serious. You are allowed to like him, and he is allowed to like you, but if either of you act on this, he could lose his job and end up hating you in the end. Things like this never end well and both parties end up regretting their actions in the long run. Personally, I would find someone else who is under 18 to be attracted to because as long as you're under 18, you're considered, "Jail Bait" for anyone over 18 years old.

• I'd say all the laws there are against this sort of thing. you should probably not do anything about it.

Maybe if you have block scheduling. make sure you never get a class with him again. get another teacher.

You can wait until your 18 and see if he's still interested.

If you continue like this and someone finds out that something is happening. he could get fired and you could get expelled.

so. look at all the cards. also see if your not the only one he's paying attention too.

that's about all I have.

More from Guys
1

What Girls Said 16

• It's called statutory rape and if anyone found out he could be in really big trouble. I had a huge crush on my math teacher and like you he favored me and we would always talk but some people decided to tell the principle and we couldn't talk anymore. Nothing happened but a lot of people said otherwise and it made things awkward between us and nothing was ever the same again. You have a crush on him and that's fine but once you cross the line you are stepping into dangerous territory that will ultimately hurt the both of you and the last thing you need is people spreading rumors about you. Just be his student and if anything happens on his part then be ready to accept the consequences.

• Wow this is the same way I feel only four times more. I'm a Junior in high school whose favorite subject is MATH. I started crushing on my freshman Algebra teacher who is 34 currently, married and has an 8 mth old baby. For Geometry I had two teachers one is 38, married and has a 6yr old. The other Geometry teacher just turned 25 and is just married. And for AlgebraII he is 27 and had s fianc?e. Sucks even more because they are all my ideal men; tall, light brown/blond hair & blue eyes.

• Wait until you turn 18 and see if he's still interested.

I've had him since I was 14, ok? Although at that time it was just friends and PURELY platonic. now we're flirting a little heavy and he acts all nervous and cute! But most of all, you HAVE to be responsible (and understand he has more to deal with) by waiting. Could it really hurt to wait? It'll also give you time to think about if you really want him.

PM me if you want to add any details :)

• Leave him alone. His career could be ruined by something like this and he could end up in jail. He may be attracted to you but hopefully niether of you take this to the next level. It's dangerous territory.

• Why doesn't he ask you out? Are you serious?!

Because he could get fired and go to jail maybe! Or maybe he just has morals!

Or maybe you're misreading him. Does he not act like this with anyone else? Maybe his fingers really ARE accidentally brushing yours.

No matter what, your best option is to leave this one alone.

• no! don't even try on asking him out and do not flirt back if he does this again. if you do, it would make him feel that you are entertaining him and is considering him as a mate. he's not asking you out no matter how much you like him because he knows that it is not legal. maybe, if you really really like each other, you both should wait after you have graduated from this school and reached the adult age.

More from Girls
11