If social media didn't exist, how would your life be different?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not significantly. Just a few days ago, I completely deleted my Facebook account. Now I don't have any social media whatsoever. I don't use twitter or all that other stuff (I don't even know their names). The only platform that would be hard to live without is youtube. I love watching cooking videos ;-).

Most Helpful Girl

• Better in many ways. People not getting upset at stuff posted --whether it be a pic, a comment, a status change, or a link posted. For example, one theory to why gang violence has increased in Chicago's south side neighborhoods is, someone gets upset about what someone else posted on social media.
    Relationships would be more peaceful. No one getting upset about relationship statuses or seeing their boyfriend like other girls' photos.
    I think people forget that social media is public.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 37

• Great
    Very happy
    If social media wouldn't be there

I met my first love there
    Who left me for family issues

I live her truly
    I can't forget her

Her memories are the most precious things for me now
    But i miss her a lot
    I am depressed
    I have ruined almost two years of my life since she has left me
    I runed my career
    I ruined my dreams

I feel hopeless now

Second case is
    I am being loved by someone
    Whom i can't fall in love with yet
    Because i haven't forgotten my ex
    And haven't moved on

So i am also wasting her life
    And i have already ruined her career
    I have wasted one year of her life as well
    Just because of this social media

I am blaming myself for everything wrong
    Which has happened
    In my life,
    My ex's life
    & This girl's life who is madly in love with me

I m so disappointed with life
    I don't want to live
    But i will have to
    To complete the wishes of my Ex's for me
    And for my family's happiness

That's it!!!
    Suffering may have decreased!!!
    A lot in fact!!!

• Gossip wouldn't spread so quickly, and people wouldn't organize so quickly to bully people, for one thing.
    .
    On the other hand, I wouldn't be able to find people I've lost contact with. Now it's easy with Facebook and the like.

• Not much since I don't have any social media accounts like FB, Instagram etc. The only thing is my wife does and since she does we don't send pics as much through the mail since most people log on to see them. I save on stamps.

• I'm not sure. In some ways I'd be more productive, but I've made friends and met girls I ended up dating from social media as well. Rekindled old friendships. So I guess more productive, but more social with those in my immediate vicinity however less social with those farther out.

• I wouldn't get as much knowledge about the world without social media. Social medias may share something important you gets more curious about and wants to learn more about. For me it was history. I did also learn reading, writing and English more properly than I would do without it. I wouldn't being able to talk with everybody either without social medias.

• We would have way less IQ obviously because having all this programming available with the technology and no one has yet founded social media...
    We would be busy with email groups?
    Soms way or another we would use the technology to talk to each other but obviously on a much smaller scale.
    We wouldn't know the difference though so wouldn't bother us.

• not so much different... apart from using it for study and work purposes it won't make that much of a difference on my social life not that am not a social person or whatsoever , it's just I don't believe in relying on social media completely for communicating

• ... depends on if you consider GaG a social media site or not! ;-)

But out of all seriousness, it would be WAY more difficult to keep up with friends and colleagues from college and previous jobs. Facebook is SOOOOOOO useful for that!

• All the other social media sites are just toys, Facebook has a practical long-term use.

• It wouldn't, I'd still be a grumpy bastard.

• I'd be so much more connected with everyone. I don't have social media and if everyone got off their phones then they'd be able to converse with people for entertainment

• It didn't exist until 15 years ago... and life was WAAAAAYY better!

• i wouldn't have to deal with any women who are so full of themselves because they get 200 likes on a picture they post on social media. so there's that.

• Not much at all

• I would surely be more creative, spend my time sharping my art skills, it would be by other hand a fricking nightmare, I woudln´t know my LDG, at least not anywhere soon, if destiny exist.

• There would be less stress among people and i believe peoples life
    would be more private. I grew up without social media to 2006 is
    when i first started using the Internet so that was like 11 years ago.

• better- like it was in the past :)

• Well it wouldn't matter if it didn't exist in the first place..

• Well my current job relies on social media so much (digital marketing), but if things were different, I don't think it would affect me. Things were better off in the 90s imho

• Basically no change to be honest with you.

• You would be doing something different at this moment.
      Much less time spent on this site so you would probably be busy with a different project or working harder, not to mention the other social sites that you are on.

• @Itsmeyay This is the only one I have.

• It wouldn't be different since I don't use any of it

• I grew up without social networks, and in a way I still consider my primary life outside the net. The point is that social networks are a huge loss of time

• Clinton would be president and we would be guaranteed into WWIII

• it would be the same

• It'd be the same

• Well we would do fine like all the past years when it wasn't a thing

• I wish social media was never created, because it's a waste of lifetime. Moreover, people is becoming more ignorent.

• I would never have met all the awesome people from abroad with whom I spend most of my holidays.

• it would have been a better life and the world would have been a better place

• Not really at all. It would reduce in game bonuses I get from signing in with facebook

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 10

• I only use Facebook, and I guess GaG. I tried Twitter a bunch of times but it never stuck. I use Plurk for my really personal stuff (my closest friends are on there). I guess if these were all gone I'd have finished reading all the books I've bought over the years. Social media is a distraction pretty much.

• My Life would not be As... Fulfilled.
    I enjoy Helping Others here, dear. My Life may feel Empty, where I Enjoy being Online More in Doing this, than in Person, Where with my own Job, I do it Every time I Go to Work. xx

• not much, id just spend more time playing video games prob

• So much fkn better. I rarely post things on social media. I think it's so ridiculous how people behave there. It's so see-through, you can tell that they're obviously looking for attention and acceptance. I'm so tired of the people in my feed, especially girls, and how they comment on each others pictures like:
    "omg you're gorgeous". If they really wanted to give their friend a complement, they would fkn do that irl. When people comment on another person's selfie, they just do that because the want to collect the number of people who'd comment (back) when they post a selfie. It all just sounds too ridiculous. Life is too short to spend it on how other see you. These things just isolates you from the real world out there. Have these people even tried to put words to what we have around us or attempted to explain why we're here? You have been gifted with a life, don't forget that.

• I don't even use social media at all. Unless Skype or Youtube counts. In which case I don't think it would affect my life much, if at all.

• Hmm weird.
    I wouldn't have friends.
    Woudln't have an easy way to communicate with my signifiant other.
    Or do you mean social media like instagram and twitter? Cause I don't use any of those.

• I probably wouldn't be as paranoid as I am

• I would definitely be more confident and focused.

• I would probably be more outside than at home, and be less lazy

• i would spend more time outside