How do cops tell the difference between someone smoking s joint and a cigarette wall driving?

so if s cop pulls you over and smells it clearly you get in trouble but if you pass a cop wall both of you are driving say your going in opposite direction on a 2 lane road hownyiukd they be able to tell if it's a joint or a cigarette?

i live in Washington state and retailers are spell what they call spliffs (normally spliffs are mix with tobacco about a 75% weed 25%tabacco). Of course retailers are not allowed to sell tobacco so it's pure weed but it has a cigarette filter. ( Second question does that change the definition spliff is) for years it use to mean a mix of weed and tabacco or does it just give it a legal definition that's incorrect)

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• The smell is two distinctive scents. Cigarettes has that nicotine smell and weed has a very strong smell. I have rode past cars while driving and can tell if someone has been smoking weed.

• Based on the smoker's outfit.

• The smell and the way the person hold the drugs. Do you know that there's a way to hold a cigarette and joint.

• I know there was people like to hold joint I use to smoke cigarettes so I alway hold it like a cigarette but that's just me

• it smells differnt

• 0|0
    • That look more like a vape pin lol I've never hot box a car that much. Of corse I always role down the window

What Guys Said 4

• Just suspicion. Criminals are not usually the smartest. They tend to mmake things very obvious.

• Guess I'm a smart criminal now I'm only a smoker I will never sell I'll give to a friend in need that's it I always role my window down when i smoke or vape I don't want it to impair my vision funny regular people without a weed tolerance like mine I would be extremely happy if I got so impaired up to be able to drive off of marijuana or oil ( Oil being a higher concentrated form of marijuana basically marijuana is about 14 to 28% depending if you know what you were doing well once again depending if you know what are doing can be from 50 to 98% THC I thought the 98% THC I barely felt anything, like with the Carolina reaper I barely felt anything

• You know every guy who smokes weed seems to think they can handle driving until they get in a major wreck end up hurting/killing someone. Maybe you should just smoke at home instead hotboxing your car everywhere you go?

• I mainly smoke at home how ever now and a again I'll smoke in the car in I'm going for a long trip but i normally pull over to smoke. smoking in the mountains is probably the best place to smoke and enjoy your surroundings like by a river Or in a meadow just don't be stupid and be aware what' side of the mountains you are dry east or wet west

• Probably just a suspicion. When you're driving that's all they need.

• Dad so I could get pulled over at night for smoking a cigarette. My alcohol tolerance is the complete opposite of my marijuana talents. My marijuana tolerance is extremely high alcohol tolerance is extremely low I have been drinking tonight it is 11 January 2017 when I'm replying to you At 10:47 PM so I have an excuse to be drinking I'm not driving

• I know the punchline to this joke!!

Its cause joint smokers like drag racing! Hah ahhhh!

• Your funny I drive the speed limit when I'm stoned normal when I haven't smoked it when
      I speed

• smell , there is a distinctive smell for marijuana , I imagine most highway patrol officers would be aware of it by now , they weren't born yesterday