Why do women say they have boyfriend when they don't?

they have been women who say they have a boyfriend whether you hitting them or not. for example a girl will reject you and say she has BF, or you are dancing and you want to dance with her she will say she has BF. in both case neither of them have one

what's the reason behind this, are you testing the guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think women who do that think that saying this will make them more desirable kinda like the whole forbidden fruit thing. Or they just want to put off the appearance that they can get a man. Either way its wrong to lie like that but I guess I can understand where they are coming from. Maybe they have a low self-esteem. I don't know. haha. I hope that helped you a bit. Or like others said she might not be interested.

What Girls Said 13

• I do that when a guy is hitting on me and I want him to stop cause I'm definitely not interested, like I NEVER want to be with him.

• she`s either not in the mood or not interested

take your pick...

• we are playing hard to get to see hoe far you would go.

For example: about 5 guys that like me will say I will do anything just to be with you so I say no sorry I cnt becoz I have a boyfriend and they they keep saying thing then I finally give in

• ok well she either may not be attracted. or she wants to see if you really want her if you still have the guts to go on even if she suposably have a bf.

• So its test to see how far you will go??

• Yes it is. but keep in mind sometimes they just may not b intrested

• no she's basically saying she's not into you get away.. I bet you you hit on a lot of lesbians to huh

More from Girls
8

What Guys Said 11

• She doesn't want to feel like a bitch and reject to straight up, so she makes up a lie to cover up the fact that she's not willing to give you a chance.

• A teacher of mine once said, "It's not what you say, it is how you say it." You have to really listen to a female to understand whether or not she's interested in you or not. If she has to lie about whether or not she's seeing someone; she's not interested. If she tells you she's not seeing someone (whether or not she really is); she's interested in you.

• It's a defense mechanism against unwanted attention, which most of time is pretty effective, unless the guy is naturally obnoxious or unusually persistent.

• It's an excuse to get guys to leave them alone. Think about it if you walk up to a chick and she says she has a boyfriend are you going to hit on her probably not. Two main reasons why she would say that are, your either creepy or she's not attracted to you.

• The "I have a boyfriend" excuse to me is acceptable if she really has one, she is not interested, or is just out to have fun. But I think it is absolutely stupid if she throws that up just to see how far the guy will try. If a girl says that to me, I automatically move on because that phrase tells me just that: she either has a boyfriend (I'm not interested in screwing around with a girl that's already in a relationship or one that's willing to drop one guy for the next) or she's not interested in me (I appreciate a girl going easy on me lol). I don't have time for mind games when it comes to girls saying that just to see how far the guy will go or for some kind of ego boost. There are plenty of women out there that will definitely be interested in you without this mind game nonsense...

More from Guys
6