Did you always like your first name? If not, what would you have rather your parents named you?

Lol as a kid, I just really didn't like my name... especially my nickname haha. So like I used to ask my mom to go the court and pay to change my name to like Raven or Alicia (Ah-Lee-Cee-Ah) but she wouldn't give in dammit!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 38

• I always wanted my name to be Dragon Kick, after this toy I had haha.
    img1.etsystatic.com/.../...70xN.679680429_et65.jpg
    (he's the one on the left)

• I didn't like it that much when I was younger, I always preferred my middle name... but now I really like it lol, just part of growing up I suppose :P

• When I was 5 years old I didn't, don't know why and honestly I wouldn't take it seriously xD. Today I do, it's a common name where I live and it's better to have a good old common name than a weird one.

• I don't mind it.
    The only thing I don't like is that Justin is like a stereotypical douche bag name lmao
    Like that episode of family guy where Peter finds out his real name is Justin so he changes his personality to match the name and he becomes a douche lol
    Or on Facebook I always see lists that say "Guys with these names are always fuck boys" and Justin is always on the list

• 2d

Lmao Justin is better than a Peter anyday. Peter is one of the biggest DICKS out there if you get what i mean lol

• 2d

Peter is actually my brothers name haha
      My mom gave me and all my siblings really basic names
      Justin
      Laura
      Julie
      Andrew
      Peter
      Thea

• 2d

Lmao sorry!! But no i meant that dicks have substitute names like Peter, Johnson, Penis, Cock, etc haha

• i've always been cool with it, my nick name has been marcus aurelius since forever and i always liked that haha

• My name is Mark, but I never really liked that name. My parents insisted on giving me a 'bible' name.

Personally, I always thought Eric was a cool name.

• I don't know. I'm not sure I've given it much thought. I suppose I have at one point. But I'm rather content right now with my name.

• Personally speaking no because 98 percent of the times people can't pronounce my real name...

• I like my name but people in the USA have a hard time pronouncing it so I changed it. My dad is the one who suggested it actually. I decided to name myself after my grandfather who passed away. My family still use my birth name when around each other, but outside the family I use my new name.

• I've always gone by my middle name. Family always called me by it, and honestly suits me more.

• My name is "Hugh Jerection"

• I'm lucky enough to like my first name!

• Whats your name? lol i actually like your nickname anyways..
    Im actually very happy with my first and middle name, quite meaningful to me and my life i guess and reminds me of my origins

• I've always been cool with my name. Uncommon, but established and not too exotic sounding.

• I'm named after my dad and at one point I hated him so I wanted to change my name to almost anything else but it's whatever now

• people always used to say that my name Avery is a girls. But when I found out i was almost gonna be a junior I was thankful for my name so muchπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• people make fun of me with my 1st name. And its bad sometimes.

• In love with my name.

• Never had a problem with it.

• it's very common , but mostly like it's association and whom I'm named for

• 2d

my cousins daughter was saying that she has a girl I her class named...
      My little Princess -Jones , but goes by Miya
      Smh

• 2d

or a different cousin told me about a girl who always had trouble saying her name wrong in school...
      La-a
      pronounced la-dash-uh

or I'm at the store and out of nowhere I hear... "hey Refuchsia"
      fuchsia like the color
      Smh

• 2d

Yea i remember La-a for sure

• Airwrecka!!!
    HAAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAA!!!
    There was this girl named k-a pronounced kadasha!!!

• The last one is funny.

Hate my name. Got awsome nicknames.

• Desi's Guy

• hate my first name its for sissies
    Scott Summers would be cool

• Damn I asked this same question earlier and didn't receive that many responses.

• Actually I like my first name..
    Girls usually like my name..

• I used to hate it. Now I like it.

• I used to not like it. Now I don't mind it :)

• I love my name! what about you?

• nah its shit. I wish it was cool.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 20

• I never liked my name, not even my middle name. My first name is a very common name here, so I can find women with this name everywhere.
    My middle name is awful. I feel like it has nothing to do with me.
    So, when you join them you get a horrible combination.

I would like to be named Diana or Melissa.

• 1d

Yes! I got used to my first name but still hate my middle

• 23h

That's good! I think I'll never get used to my first name Lol

• I went through a silly phase where I left the "h" off the end of Sarah and for a second when my parents said they almost named me Tracy I wanted that but overall I've been cool with my name.

• I didn't like mine. Used to always go by a nickname version of it. Now I like it, makes me feel professional

• I love my name... mostly because I'm named after my mom.. it's a rare name in this day and not many women have the same name. its Ida. Only our last names are different.

• Yes, i believe I've always liked my first name but i just never liked my middle name lol.

• My name is Veronica but I sometimes wish my parents would have named me Victoria since soooo many people constantly make that mistake lmao.

• I've always loved my name except for the fact that everyone just shortens it to Gabby. I hate that and it drives me nuts that people who are practically strangers do it.

• I don't really like my name because it's too common so it feels unoriginal. Everywhere I go there are like 5 other girls with the same name.

• 2d

Oh yea lol. I'd like your name if it wasn't for Twilight

• 2d

Hahahha yeah I actually don't really mind those books... besides for the fact that they made my name's popularity skyrocket hahahah but honestly, that used to bother me more when I was younger. Now that 75% of people I'm in contact with are men (and therefore not named Isabella), I'm okay with it. I mean, I was gonna get an Italian name anyway, so it could be worse.

• No I didn't like it because it's an old name I also hated it because people who couldn't speak my language always said it weird which made to worse. I prefer it when it's pronounced in my native tongue.

• Actually yea, lol it may be weird but i really dig my birthname

• Nope not always lol my full name is super long and I hated trying to fit it on name tags in kindergarten.

• I dunno lol like sometimes I think it's a serious granny name but other people tell me they like it and I've never had to have my surname initial stuck on the back to avoid confusion

• I've always liked my name :)

• I have always loved my name my grandma gave it to me.

• no! i had 7 other people in my school year alone with the same name as me~ 4 were in my class :'(

• I like my name, it's short and sweet but still kinda unique

• No I never liked my first name but I love the short version of it

• I always thought my name was pretty boring. It's alright though

• Lol, I think everybody hated their name at some point. I wanted to be Nyx. Godess of night, first daughter of chaos, lol. Now it's just a damn makeup brand... argh

• 2d

Obviously, overactive 12 year old mind. Read too much, I think, lmao. Bullshit that they stole it to plaster on makeup πŸ˜‰ Still use it for gaming sometimes now, ha. Revenge.

• i wish my parents namd me sky