So I read that President Trump is considering using the National Guard to do a roundup of illegals. Thoughts?

I know illegal immigration is a huge problem, and it needs to be dealt with. There just has to be a better way. This just seems so uncivilized.

39

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that illegal immigrants should be deported, but the use of the military to round them up (and probably kicking down random doors minority neighborhoods in the process) just seems way too extreme to me. That is something you'd expect in a third world country.

Most Helpful Girl

• This wouldn't be happening if the USA was more proactive and stricter on enforcing immigration laws in the first place.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• What's so bad about it? Serious question.

• I guess i just have this mental image of them going down the street grabbing people.

• They don't grab people from the streets, they grab them in their own homes. The ICE agents knock on their doors and pretend they are police officers, even though they're not. They tend to target low income, heavily Latino populated communities. Most people don't know any better so they open the door. Once they get inside they interrogate the family members in order to find out their status. That's when they typically arrest the individuals, leaving their children behind in the care of others who are of legal status.

• There is a bigger problem at stake here: democracy. He is violating a shit-ton of laws and he is still in office. We're supposed to have checks & balances to stop this sort of shit and impeach him, but it's not working.

• Imagine Men & Women in uniform dragging People out there house.

• cool I can't wait!

• what would a better way be?

• I honestly don't know.

• yea I'm sure there is other ways and if the national guard plan doesn't go well them they will try something else it's a newer concept so they will have to go through trial and errors

• That seems like a dictator would do, so I would be against it

• He has no clue. If that's true, that's like the most radical solution to solve it.

• What's next, firing squads?

What Girls Said 2

• Provide the link please

• Ok so what's your suggestion?