Boys forced to dress like girls in school?

Anybody think this is a good idea? OK so I read about this elementary school which required ALL students to dress like women for a fashion show to celebrate Women;'s History month..I thought it was SO degrading...Mandating cross-dressing? Don't get me wrong, I think setting aside a time of the year to focus on remarkable women is a good thing (some people would ask why there isn't a white history month...Or a Male History month...umm..well that's pretty much the other 11 months of the year as I see it) So read about remarkable women..discuss them..Assign essays about women...But cross-dressing? How could anyone think this is okay? My answer: I think some people are obsessed with trying to blur gender lines...Mostly some people that would call themselves feminist...I have no problem with trans gender people..Or those who share some traits that are more common among the opposite sex, I know I would admit I have feminine characteristics..But the truth is..For most of us..We express our gender in contrast to one another..And we complement one another..Not supplement ashtray...A guy doesn't detest how women dress..They often like it ;)...Same with girls..But just because you appreciate something doesn't mean you would personally embrace it..Luckily enough parents complained and it was canceled...Real stupid move to by the school..Shouldn't have been an issue in my opinion.

lol spell check there in that astray thing...sorry I meant to say each other...lol

Most Helpful Girl

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Girls Said 25

• Its all a part of the freedom of expression allowed by society for girls, later women (and female teachers). While this usually entails more verbal and even slight physical abuse of Male children, knowing society will look the other way. This I suppose is just a jump up from feeling more empowered by lack of support for Male children; their continued ability to mistreat Male children; and now the media that is modeling that is perfectly acceptable to abuse Males, even Male children. It's the extreme combination of protected freedom of expression and action by women and allowance of harm to Males.

• Wow!I suppose that would be fine,if it were completely voluntary,but never enacting a school policy to force anyone,that's wrong.The funny thing is that,I do have a sort of weird "thing"for guys who happen to dress "en femme",but they do it by choice(unless they want me to force them!LOL),and they are certainly adults,not still in elementary school.Talk about trauma!

• Yea like I said...this isn't about intolerance of transgender people...its forcing unwilling masculine boys to do it...thats the problem

• It's interesting that tomboys are accepted but if a boy dresses like a girl it's degrading, because on some level boys think girls are less. That said, no, I don't think this is a good idea. I'm not sure how you got feminism out of this exercise, that's just the belief that boys and girls should be equal (nothing less, nothing more) and clothing doesn't have anything to do with that. I also don't know how transgendered people came into play, studies have revealed that cross-dressing isn't a homosexual activity but is shared just as much by straight men and men of all orientations. I agree this was a nonsensical exercise but I must question what truly offends some people about it so much.

• "It's interesting that tomboys are accepted but if a boy dresses like a girl it's degrading, because on some level boys think girls are less." Would disagree, you're right insaying its accetabe for girls to dress masculine but not for boys to dress feminine....thats the core issue..boys don't feel comfrotable dressing like girls and it does degrade them because it lowers their esteem as male. not saying its correct but that's how it is. not because they think girls are inferior.

Boys only feel uncomfortable doing it because everyone wants to raise their kids telling them it's wrong to do. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't be an issue in the slightest. How can someone say that it isn't "natural" , when for that INDIVIDUAL (keyword)... that's what they're naturally drawn towards. That is the persons natural expression of style and way of thinking until someone tells them they shouldn't do it. Then their personal expression becomes unnatural due to being affected by thoughts or ideas other than his own

I believe no one should EVER be forced to do ANYTHING except treat EVERYONE with respect and decency even if u may not want to at the time

• I have to agree with Carla..

It's okay to 'be' a man, but being a girl is gay. It should be wrong either way. The only reason it isn't okay for a guy to do the same is because almost EVERYONE.. Yeah, not just men, believe females are the weaker sex. You know it true and it's perfectly fine for you to say that's your reason for hating it so much.

By the way, Knowitall, the only reason you aren't at home learing how to cook and sew or getting sold off into a marriage-- Or because you can VOTE-- is because of Fems. So, if you hate freedom for your own sex, just go to a place where you'll get your head chopped off for trying to divorce your abusive husband. Don't worry, we won't mind. ;D

But, I get why you're upset about having no say in something. Kinda.

Ugh, I hope this helped. Lol.. ^ ^;

Cookies and Milk,

STM~

• The old school feminists...yes that's true...but fems also should take credit for the high divorce rates, high number of abortions ans teen pregnancy...o and speakign of equality..women gaine dequal stress and heart atack rates...congrats ladies.

• Cool story.

Uhm, next time when someone answers your question in a calm and kind mannor, don't get so butthurt. Goodness, silly. I never said anything insulting. If you're so pissed off because I was right about you, just say it and stop bitching around it. xD You still think it's more okay for a girls to wear pants than a boy to wear a skirt. Don't get pissed off by my 'kinda', and elaborate more, ya' whiner. Lmao. I thought you'd be mature enough to handle such kind words, but I guess not!

• excuse me, but you made the claim that I believe that women are weaker and asserted that as my reasoning...and well yes girls are almost always phsyically weaker"but your trying to portray me as a sexist., bottomline..this was forcing boys to dress like girls...it wasn't like the school tried to keep boys from wearing skirts...they tried to make them dress like women...and call us a bunch of sexists...but guys like dressing "masculine" and yes it is more acceptable for girls that's just how it is.

• Ummm NO! Guys shouldn't be forced to dress like girls...they're different people! Let them have their individuality...

More from Girls
20

What Guys Said 32

• Haha, that is kind of twisted. True, a stupid move by the school. Opposite-gender characteristics should never be "forced" on anyone, ESPECIALLY young kids. I could say more but I'll leave it at that.

• The problem with our world is that it's pseudo-liberal while in fact it is oppressive in so many ways... politically correct ways.

• yeh, I doubt that's a huge deal. as its elementary school, they hardly are making their own decisions yet. its still their parents telling them what to do. now if it was middle school and this was happening, there would be a problem

• Of course it's a stupid move. Quite frankly I don't understand how the idea was even brought up. A board meeting or something?

Principal:You know, we really need to celebrate Women's History Month.

Teacher:I have an idea!

: And that is?

Teacher: Let's make everyone dress and girls for a fashion show!

Principle: That's brilliant! Force the boys into a situation where they'll surely be laughed at while enforcing gender rules that women only love and care about fashion! Surely there's truly no better way to appreciate the role women have played in shaping history!

• That is ridiculous. But if they insist, then in the interest of equality, they should have a day where all girls should dress like guys too, and on that day, they should totally go to a pool and swim.

If we weren't talking about an elementary school that would totally be worth dressing up like a girl once...

• Girls already "dress liek guys" there really doesn't exist any male instictive dress any longer

• Guys don't have cloths.. unless you are talking about swimming...

• Haha true

More from Guys
27