• Ask
  • myTake

Why hasn't he asked me to marry him?

OK I'm truly and deeply confused me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year now. I'm just curious as to why he hasn't asked me to marry him yet sure we've had a lot of problems but we've worked through them and now were planning on moving in together in march. We have talked about getting married and he says he wants to I just don't understand if he wants to then why hasn't he asked me too. I'm really in love with him and I know he is to but is there any way to know if he truly does want to get married or is he just telling me that to make me happy? Please help!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It is my understanding that moving in together is usually a test phase before a guy asks a girl to marry him. He knows you are both clearly compatible, but doesn't want any unforeseen stuff to pop up so he is getting a feel for what it would be like first. Be patient, it could take a while. Also be hopeful, because if he is moving in with you or vise versa, than he also loves you a lot.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• what's the rush? you guys have only been together for a year and you're in the 18-24 age range and you guys are moving in together. Sounds like everything is going well to me. moving in is a big step and it sounds like you guys are fully committed to each other. he'll ask you when he's ready. just give him some time

• there isn't nessecarily a rush I just think that we should be at least engaged by now. I trust that he will one day ask me when he's ready but the thing is I have lived with a couple of bfs and they ended horribly guess I'm just afraid that the same thing will happen unless there's some security there bci don't want to go through the same thing I've been through before

• A year isn't that long in the grand scheme of things to begin considering marriage, especially when you're young. But it's your choice and life and since you're already moving into together I would suggest telling him you'd like to be engaged before you move in together. That way you have the promise of a wedding in the future and the security that comes along with such a serious relationship.