If a guy gives you his number, when do you text him?

A guy gave me his number and I'm not sure if I should text him later tonight or tomorrow. It wasn't like he was flirting with me we just kinda talked and he gave it to me and told me to text him.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• it was definitely flirting and he wouldn't mind you texting him that night...

What Guys Said 2

• wait a day then text him or better yet, if possible, call him. yes that green button and your voice still work and for a first time, talking is a good thing. you don't have to talk all the time but hearing a girls pretty voice once in a while can be really nice. if you want to text him tonight keep the conversation shorter in length and make him want to come back for more. a little bit of an incentive to text you for a guy can really work. hope this helps

• Thanks I really appreciate it :D

• one more thing...would it look desperate if I texted him tonight?

• no it wouldn't as long ass you don't talk to him for more than say an hour or two. after that it is a little long for a first conversation

• I'd text him that same night. I'm not the kind of guy who likes girls who procrastinate or play hard to get. So me, personally, calling me a week later would signal that you were not really interested so I would ignore your text once it finally comes in. I would only pursue a girl who shows strong interest, else she's just likely to fade out during a date.

• so if I text him are you sure it wouldn't look desperate? lol I mean I kno I'm not but I just wanna be sure he won't be like hmm she could have waited a day...

• some guys are stupid, yes, they'll think that, but I'm beyond that bullchet. So that's just my experience. Hopefully you find a guy who doesn't fork around like that.

What Girls Said 4

• Call him the next day.

• Wait a day.

• Guys have a three day rule for women they really like...all men do...trust me! :)If you like him or are just friend with him let him text you first...if he is expecting it from you first wait three days then do it.

• i average about two to four. sometimes the same day or the next day. there really isn't a rule

• When a guy gave me his number, I texted him the next day