I write about crazy violence in my stories and someone writes about me being psychotic...should I be offended?

I'm taking a creative writing class for my senior year in high school and in my group, we peer review each other. there's this guy I'm attracted to but we've only shared glances really no talking really or anything else. however lucky me we're in the same group together. however my writing is rather...rough and the amount of violent imagery is high. his writing lacks a good plot but he does so well in the technical aspects of it that I can forgive him. his latest one that I had to review however seems to be inspired from me and I don't know whether to be offended but I'm supposedly a psycho in his story, which I'm not in real life at least that's not what my docs tell me. he describes me as beautiful but clearly messed up but interesting...he plays a doctor who's treating/is obsessed with said psycho? I don't know what to feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not be offended. Point's being is, that he is trying to fix you. That's mans finest solution when he thinks that something is wrong. Well, nothings wrong, but it certainly might feel so from your stories. Do not overthink. In mans mind it just mean that he cares about you! That's all. And you are beautifull in his mind. Somewhere insode he wants to be your hero who will save you! (He might not be aware of that, so don't confront him up front.)

He likes you.

• Report

I agree. I did and still do this. I'm trying to fix 'broken girls' if I like them.

• Report

fine tuning, but we hate it when women do it.

• Report

Yes, but men and women think differently.