• Ask
  • myTake

I write about crazy violence in my stories and someone writes about me being psychotic...should I be offended?

I'm taking a creative writing class for my senior year in high school and in my group, we peer review each other. there's this guy I'm attracted to but we've only shared glances really no talking really or anything else. however lucky me we're in the same group together. however my writing is rather...rough and the amount of violent imagery is high. his writing lacks a good plot but he does so well in the technical aspects of it that I can forgive him. his latest one that I had to review however seems to be inspired from me and I don't know whether to be offended but I'm supposedly a psycho in his story, which I'm not in real life at least that's not what my docs tell me. he describes me as beautiful but clearly messed up but interesting...he plays a doctor who's treating/is obsessed with said psycho? I don't know what to feel?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I would not be offended. Point's being is, that he is trying to fix you. That's mans finest solution when he thinks that something is wrong. Well, nothings wrong, but it certainly might feel so from your stories. Do not overthink. In mans mind it just mean that he cares about you! That's all. And you are beautifull in his mind. Somewhere insode he wants to be your hero who will save you! (He might not be aware of that, so don't confront him up front.)He likes you.

• I agree. I did and still do this. I'm trying to fix 'broken girls' if I like them.

• fine tuning, but we hate it when women do it.

• Yes, but men and women think differently.

What Guys Said 4

• Here's what you do:Keep flirting with him and talking to him, invite him to eat lunch with you buddies or whatever it is you like to do. Don't analyze this situation anymore (his story of you).

• Point is he thinking of you? The doctor being him, obsessed with psycho being you, sounds like a man who likes a girl, who doesn't understand her. ( sounds like life, no man ever understand her) it sounds like a quest for him not to treat the girl, but to figure out what he doesn't understand, a desire, to fill his curiosity of a deranged passion. In this story, does he ever treat her, or does he fall for the person she is. I think it's a compliment, to have some write a story about you, or at least inspired by you. I'm sure as a writer you would agree, that a story built around someone, would have to make her, more than just a cover of a book, but a deeper meaning to his thoughts and feelings that expressed through his writing, which is his greatest passion? (P.S. Would love to read your stories., if it possible) thnx :)

• You say however a lot.

• He obviously loves you.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't feel anything.Perhaps he's just trying to tell you that he thinks you're a bit weird, but he still likes you.On the other hand he seems very talentless - the story you kind of described has been seen and analysed so many times... :/ The ones that lean on the technicalities are the ones who are just trying to delude themselves that - just with "hard work" they can actually accomplish something.If a person has no talent then no amount of effort and practice can help them.Haha, sorry, getting off track here... So, he likes you and he wants you to see it, but he doesn't want to seem too forward, so he's hoping you'll get the picture /story/ and do something about it...so basically he's a talentless little coward who likes you! xD