I get anxious around people, what is wrong with me?

I know that there's probably no one on this site who can diagnose me and I'm not looking for that. But I need others opinions on what they think is going on with me or if they know of a disorder that sounds like the symptoms I have so that maybe I can research it better. I'm popular, I have a lot... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not too weird.

It's one thing to not be bothered by strangers. Their opinions of you won't matter to you, after all.

But your friends, and people in the "popular" cliques, well, their opinions matter (it seems) so if they don't like you, or don't like something you say, it's a bigger deal.

This is most likely just a subconscious fear of being judged, by people who's opinions you value (whether rightly or wrongly).

I don't think there's anything wrong with you, in terms of needing therapy or medication. I think it's more likely a phase you're going through, and it will pass.