• Ask
  • myTake

I get anxious around people, what is wrong with me?

I know that there's probably no one on this site who can diagnose me and I'm not looking for that. But I need others opinions on what they think is... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• That's not too weird. It's one thing to not be bothered by strangers. Their opinions of you won't matter to you, after all.But your friends, and people in the "popular" cliques, well, their opinions matter (it seems) so if they don't like you, or don't like something you say, it's a bigger deal.This is most likely just a subconscious fear of being judged, by people who's opinions you value (whether rightly or wrongly).I don't think there's anything wrong with you, in terms of needing therapy or medication. I think it's more likely a phase you're going through, and it will pass.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• It seems like maybe you just worry too much about what people think of you. It sounds like you are worrying/stressing yourself too much. Usually people with anxiety disorders experience those feeling all the time or with every social interaction. It doesn't sound like you have any disorder, you sound pretty normal. If you are interested in disorders or worry you have one the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) is like the bible for psychiatrists.