Not responding to my Facebook message?

I sent this girl a Facebook message last night because I didn't end up seeing her at this event yesterday when we had both planned to see each other, we no longer have class together and I really wanted to get her number in person, so my message roughly read "hi ____ ! sorry I missed you at the thing today, I really hope to be able to catch up with you tomorrow. Have a good nite!" since then she has made a status update as well as commented on a few others' statuses. I don't want to be paranoid but is it likely she has purposely not responded to my message? Would it be a bad idea to send her another message at some point to just ask for her number, as now I don't know if I will see her in person for a few weeks?

Also to note: we talked a lot at school, and she and I flirted a lot back and forth increasingly over the past two weeks and she made comments like what are you going to do in class w/o me? And I feel like I choked on getting her number because I saw her alone in the hall but didn't approach her. Is there a chance that she likes me but is just frustrated by me not just making a move? And lastly, I really was beginning to feel as though she liked me back, and would the above comment suggest that at all or does that seem like more a friend thing?

Update: when she asked me if id miss having her in class, she asked in sort of a roundabout way, is this possibly being done by her just to drive me crazy and miss her more?
Also, not to sound creepy but it said her status update was via blackberry, and I'm curious to know if that method of Facebook would even notify her of my message?Meaning she just hasn't seen it yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, resist the urge to to come in closer when someone fails to get closer to you, almost always pushes them farther away.

• So what are you saying exactly, just leave her be because she's not interested, or make her chase?

• This man is wise, listen to him.

• Thank you sir.