• Ask
  • myTake

Not responding to my Facebook message?

I sent this girl a Facebook message last night because I didn't end up seeing her at this event yesterday when we had both planned to see each other, we no longer have class together and I really wanted to get her number in person, so my message roughly read "hi ____ ! sorry I missed you at the thing today, I really hope to be able to catch up with you tomorrow. Have a good nite!" since then she has made a status update as well as commented on a few others' statuses. I don't want to be paranoid but is it likely she has purposely not responded to my message? Would it be a bad idea to send her another message at some point to just ask for her number, as now I don't know if I will see her in person for a few weeks?Also to note: we talked a lot at school, and she and I flirted a lot back and forth increasingly over the past two weeks and she made comments like what are you going to do in class w/o me? And I feel like I choked on getting her number because I saw her alone in the hall but didn't approach her. Is there a chance that she likes me but is just frustrated by me not just making a move? And lastly, I really was beginning to feel as though she liked me back, and would the above comment suggest that at all or does that seem like more a friend thing?

Update: when she asked me if id miss having her in class, she asked in sort of a roundabout way, is this possibly being done by her just to drive me crazy and miss her more?
Also, not to sound creepy but it said her status update was via blackberry, and I'm curious to know if that method of Facebook would even notify her of my message?Meaning she just hasn't seen it yet?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Nope, resist the urge to to come in closer when someone fails to get closer to you, almost always pushes them farther away.

• So what are you saying exactly, just leave her be because she's not interested, or make her chase?

• Show Older
    • This man is wise, listen to him.

• Thank you sir.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, it is very possible she has not seen your message yet. She sounds flirty. Just make sure she is not feeding off of attention from you with no serious intentions of anything, but again just give her time to respond.

• Give her some time to reply. I actually do that, some messages I reply to later on, but it is much easier to just log into Facebook and quickly update my status and comment on some, while responding to all messages at a later time. Definitely give her some more time to respond to you. Definitely want to space the time between messages. If she does not respond after a reasonable amount of time then send her another message. Also sometimes on Facebook, it is to forget that you have new messages, as sometimes I myself, would read message with intentions of responding later and totally forget about it, but definitely give her more time. She might be waiting for you to make that move. I know what it is like to wait for a guy to make a move and he chickens out, and I feel disappointed about it, but again give her more time. Sounds like she might like you, but if she is just a social, flirty person - she might be like that with others too. It depends.

What Guys Said 1