• Ask
  • myTake

I feel like I annoy him, should I tell him?

Okay so I like this guy and he says he likes me too. We've only known each other for a little less than a month and we kinda act like we're dating but he hasn't asked me out yet. I've mentioned it a couple of times and he didn't really say much so I feel like it annoys him. I really want to get to know him but we only text and most of our conversations are kinda pointless. I usually say random things and he just makes comments about them but doesn't really interject much. Sometimes he doesn't text me but I feel like it bugs him when I text him first. I want to talk to him on the phone but I hate calling people and I don't want to ask him to call me. I don't know what to say to him without feeling needy and annoying. Help?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, the best thing you can do for yourself is give this situation an ultamatuim. If he doesn't ask you out after 3 months, give up on him. Guys feelings run hot and cold and this one is no different. He could like you one moment, and not the next. Whatever you do, don't ask him why he won't ask you anymore. There's 3 reasons for that 1) If he does have any feelings, you'll drive him away by constanly asking him and putting pressure on him. 2)He could feel like your being either bossy (forcing him to ask you out) or overly desperate (please ask me out already!) and guys (not to mention girls) hate that. and 3) I read once that a pyschologists remove the word "why" from thier vocabularies because it is seen as critical and makes people feel stressed. So, the only step left is to wait. I know this part is a pain in the ass, but if this guy really likes you, he will step up to the plate seeings how he already knows you like him too.Hope that helps!

What Guys Said 4

• You seem to be inherently needy. This is a personal development issue, not a chemistry issue. Get your head straight and all these affairs will fall into place.

• Question for you.Why do you hate intiating text messages or phone calls?

• Well I figure that if he wants to talk to me he would, then again he could be thinking the same thing

• Show Older
    • Don't regret it hun.There's nothing wrong when you care for someone and you want to talk to them and see how they are doing. :)

• Thanks :]

• It's all lust between you and him.. if you try to find something you both have in common, any kind of hobby, mention it to him and that may give you something to actually talk about and then that can lead to more things.

• It sounds like there was never a spark - and he doesn't seem interested - neither do you if you feel conversations are pointless. I would personally move on to somebody you naturally can talk on the phone with - and text if that's what you like to do.The facts: you're not communicating the way you'd like to with him, you feel you're bugging him - and you shouldn't.Be happy. You have one life - don't waste it with somebody you aren't happy with.

What Girls Said 5

• So don't text him, if he wants to hold any kind of conversation or if he's thinking about you he will text you!

• he might be shy, I've dated shy guys before, sometimes you need to just take the initiative and get in on the conversation..

• Just stop texting him totally. It's obvious that he can "live without" talking to you, so make him go crazy without it. If he never initiates texting from here on out, it's just not going to happen. If a guy is interested in you, he will pursue you. So let him pursue YOU, don't pursue him. And definitely don't talk about making things official until the texting is more mutual. Oh, and never tell a guy that you think "you annoy him". If you do annoy him, he won't talk to you anymore. Just let him initiate the texting for a while...Don't text him first. You could be right... =[

• im in the SAME situation right now! so I know what you mean girly:(

• Maybe you need to keep your options open and look for another guy. It sounds like he is not that interested in you, or at least you are more into him than he is you. Don't say anything to him because if he wanted to talk to you he would be making more of an effort to show that he likes talking to you. If you feel like you're annoying him then you might be hun. Sorry to be so blunt but I'm just trying to help out