Guys: Would you marry a doctor?

I am asking because many guys I know said that they definitely won't marry a doctor. Even those guys who study in the medical school with me say that they won't be in a relationship with a doctor.

But why? What makes us a turn off?! I can't understand this, we are just like other girls but maybe more serious when it comes to work and hardworking so what's wrong with this?!

On the other hand, one of my friends she is already a doctor but she says that the guy she's with now, seems that he just accepted her to use her money!

Ugh I feel my future with the relationships will be horrible! :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't they?

I can understand that they're probably thinking of the females doctors examination other men and stuff like that, but then again, it's still a very high end job to have.

A man who has serious (and I mean SERIOUS) feelings towards you, genuine feelings, he would probably admire your job since it takes a lot of effort and time to become a doctor.

Trust me, I'm not becoming a doctor, but I'm becoming a programmer as well with merits in networking and economics. It might not be the most "attractive" job to girls out there, but at least I have the confidence and the thought that someone out there might appreciate for who I am and what profession I will have in the future.

Believe in yourself in what you do, and you will find someone eventually :)

• No, programming is a nice job I have thought of it before joining the medical school too. :D

I know it's not an easy work too.. and it needs too much efforts and creativity.. t's appreciated. :)

Thanks, Maxen92. :)

• No problem :)

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 17

• I'm married to a teacher but if she'd been a doctor I'd have married her too.

• Because you love her no matter what her work? :)

• Indeed.

• STOP Doc! It will be fine. You may have to wait a bit until you have time, but it is no big deal. I like brainy women. And what boy doesn't want a girl that likes to play "doctor?"

So focus on your business for now, and everything else will come!

• Lol I'm not a doctor yet, I'm still studying, I'm a future doctor.

Thanks you. The thing is I know my luck is very bad, and what happened to my friend scares me.

• Aye... Something like that. But since you are anonymous, I can't really friend you.

• Okay here you go. :)

• Marrying a doctor is something I've always wanted :-)

• Why?! :)

• you've actually made me think on something I've not really bothered thiking about all these years ha ha.

1. I find the whole idea of having a dr for a wife very sensual

2. I'd adore to see her working (& when I do I'd probably not be able to keep my hands off her lol)

3. I'd love to help her out whereever I could

4. I'd always be proud of her for the noble profession she's in

5. If not on everything then she'd be knowledgeable in her field, I'd love to listen to her

short of characters here :-D

• Aww these are nice bunch of reasons. lol :D

• Definitely.

• Are you kidding me? Ambition is a serious trait. Not to mention the comfortable life of a better cash flow and the possibility of some really hot role-playing. The only thing I could see as bothersome would be the hours. But a lot of people work long hours.

• Maybe they don't want their women to work in a place with too much men around them, or to work for a long time outside the house. It's what I concluded from the answers here. :s

• Aah haha. See it as a way to filter out not needed jealousy then :-). Other women have to sort through the riff-raff and you don't. The second thing you mentioned is what I was thinking of. But that just feels like a lot of people here don't work very long hours. If you'd find someone that work a long time outside the house, about the same as you do, they couldn't possibly be bothered by it :-)

More from Guys
12

What Girls Said 2

• Why. did you ask them why?

any guy who won't marry a doctor is not worth being with. I don't understand our concern.

• I didn't ask them.. actually they said it by themselves that they don't want to be with doctors, and I couldn't understand why. Maybe their reasons are like what the guys above answered. :s

Are you a medical student too?!

• ive lived with a doctor before, the problem is their work is really more of a calling not just a job...you marry a doctor you have to accept that they'll be working A LOT, they can't just take a holiday like everyone else and that in some respects your relationship is going to come second.

as much as I respect and admire doctors...i wouldn't want to marry one.

• Yeah I understand, but you have to bear in mind that not all specialties need to be in the hospitals 24 hours.