When you report a photo on Facebook, can the person see who reported them?

If someone posted a picture of YOU on their face book

and you don't want them to have it, but this person that posted the picture doesn't know that YOU have a Facebook and YOU report it *option* (I don't want others to see me in it) OR one of the other options.

Will the person who posted the photo be notified by what user reported the photo? or be able to see MY Facebook profile?

And also, will Facebook remove my photo or will they just let him know to remove it, and it will only be removed if HE actually takes it down?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• The short answer is no. Reports to Facebook are completely anonymous.

With that being said, people aren't stupid and if they have a suspicion about you because you are the only other person in the picture (I don't know the full circumstance) then they can search your name and find your page that way.

There is nothing they can do to prove you were the one to report the picture. Online pictures are not "toys" as they can be there permanently even after you "delete" your account. If you do not want to be seen in that picture, you should definitely report the picture to have it taken down.

Best of luck

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure they won't tell them who did it. Also I don't think they leave it up to them to remove it. Usually Facebook just takes it down themselves.

What Girls Said 1

• No Facebook will not say who reported. Facebook removes it themselves