How to be a perfect gamer's girlfriend?

I had a boyfriend, and he's a gamer. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I play games too, but not too much. Just a few title. I'd like to play games with him but our games preferences just different. For examples: I played Dead Space, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Far Cry, Skyrim, etc He played... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I consider myself a gamer, too, though I've fallen behind a little and am a touch more 'old school'.

1. We do hate losing, but it's better that you play honestly; just make it clear that you are pretty damn good at playing Borderlands 2 compared to the average person.

2. You should find one of the games that he likes to play that you don't play that much and try that with him. For me, I would think it cool as hell if my girlfriend wanted to take turns playing Castlevania III. I'd even enjoy watching her play a single player game that I'd cleared and enjoyed (though I would be tempted to give away secrets and be a bit of a backseat player).

3. I have no idea what all of the things are that I want from a girlfriend. The biggest thing for me would be that she is able to hang out with me as a friend but is also able to get much more intimate than a friend. I want to marry a girl whom I feel comfortable spending the rest of my life with and is more than just a good friend.

4. I don't know all of the things, but I do know a few:

-If she never let me hang out with my dude friends

-If she never liked trying new things with me

-If she stopped caring about her personal appearance/hygiene

-If she refused to evolve as a person / had no ambitions in life

-If she didn't want to have sex with me like EVER (I'm supposed to marry a girl who doesn't even want sex? Ugh, I'd rather marry my best friend if that was the case.)

• LoL, I know. I played Batman Arkham City once (his) and he kept telling me what to do and became frustrated every time I screwed up. It's cute, really.

Oh, I told him I wanted to play Dishonored and he downloaded it for me. Super happy!

• Nice!

I don't know if I really gave any unique advice, though.

To be honest, whenever I screen girls to date online I always check to see if they like gaming. If they dislike it or are unwilling to give it a try I automatically pass over them.