Women in family getting upset because I don't want a career woman.

I have reached the point in my life, where I want to get married and have kids. Most women that I have met that are career oriented, are not... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• i think the problem with a lot of career women is that they are turning into men. MANY women nowadays are educated and that is fine. I think a lot of it lies in behavior and personality.

for example I am sure you would be fine with a woman who is educated but would be fine working a less demanding job to be a mom.

here's the thing in our society we are ALL taught to be educated. I am pushed by my parents to pursue higher education and they help me pay for it so I am well educated and with my degree I can be a real career woman if I wanted to.

but I don't. I want to have my education because it's always good, I know I can get a decent job and support myself if I ever had to. but I don't want my life to be my career. I want to get married and have kids. in all honesty I don't really want a career that much. my parents just basically forced me into it or rather pressured me into it.

i don't think your family should get upset at that. but I think what you want makes many of these career women defensive :P

Asker upvoted