Women in family getting upset because I don't want a career woman.

I have reached the point in my life, where I want to get married and have kids. Most women that I have met that are career oriented, are not interested in having kids. So I am only interested in family oriented women. Now it seems like every woman in my family is claiming I am the one with the issue just because I want someone that is ready to start a family.

I am not intimidated by a woman having a career, or making more money than I do. I just don't feel our life goals are compatible. The women in my family are accusing me of being sexist, and that I need to learn to handle a strong woman, and crap like that.

I am really confused on why I am being treated like a sexist just because I want to have a family. Are these women just making excuses for why a guy doesn't want them, or has the media brainwashed them enough to actually think every guy has to want a career woman, or he isn't man enough to handle a strong independent woman, that has her own life, etc, etc.?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think the problem with a lot of career women is that they are turning into men. MANY women nowadays are educated and that is fine. I think a lot of it lies in behavior and personality.

for example I am sure you would be fine with a woman who is educated but would be fine working a less demanding job to be a mom.

here's the thing in our society we are ALL taught to be educated. I am pushed by my parents to pursue higher education and they help me pay for it so I am well educated and with my degree I can be a real career woman if I wanted to.

but I don't. I want to have my education because it's always good, I know I can get a decent job and support myself if I ever had to. but I don't want my life to be my career. I want to get married and have kids. in all honesty I don't really want a career that much. my parents just basically forced me into it or rather pressured me into it.

i don't think your family should get upset at that. but I think what you want makes many of these career women defensive :P