He told me to leave him alone..What does this mean and for how long??

I met this guy in October as only a "sexual" relationship.Eventually I started to develop feelings for him.I told him that I cared/had feelings for him.He told me he likes me but does not want a relationship.I'm not sure why he said that as I never asked him to date me and another piece of this puzzle is when I first met him I told him I had a boyfriend so we wouldn't get serious, why not sure why he mentioned the relationship thing.. He also told me at this time that he needed a break from all this and needed space.But again, we only had a sexual relationship, why all this is so hard to understand.

I emailed him back telling him I understood and also telling him that I misconstrued my feelings.(basically I took back everything I had told him in the previous email about my feelings for him).I only did that because I thought if I didn't, it may mess things up for us..

So after this he ignores me for almost 2 weeks, during that time I only wrote him twice(never called him once) asking if I could see him..He then writes me back with "Thank you for everything but please leave me alone"?

I'm so upset and hurt by this as I really don't know what I said that would make him act like this..Was it when I told him I had feelings then took it back?

I so want to email him(as it's been 3 weeks since we last spoke)but I'm afraid as I'm not sure what he is thinking or how much time should pass before I even think about emailing him or do I just forget about him?

PLEASE somebody help me..lol..What did I do that was so wrong?

Ouch hurts, but I guess know I now..Funny though because this guy knew that I had a boyfriend and I told him NUMEROUS times that I didn't want a relationship from him neither.I just cared for him..Also he is a nice guy and to end it like this, hurts...
Hi all..Thanks for all your advice..To wait a couple more months and then to write him a simple "how are you"?, would that be so bad? I know in the bottom of my heart, he ended this because he was hurt, not because he didn't like me..

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't contact him any further! You did not do anything wrong..it started out as a sexual relationship and that's all he sees it as. Men can have sex without any feelings, unlike us women. We normally develop feelings after awhile. I can tell you that if you hadn't told him how you felt he would have just continued to have sex with you and that's all. Do not e-mail him and forget about him. If you tell a guy who isn't in it for a relationship that you have feeligns for him they will BOLT, and that's exactly what he did. More likely than not he will pop up again within the next few weeks(sometimes months) to see what's up and if your busy, DO NOT FALL FOR IT! Those feelings that you have for him will come rushing back. From nowt on do not have sexual relationships with any new men because it never works. I noticed having sexual relationships with ex's are the only ones that actaully do. For some reason if your fully over the person in the emotional aspect than you can take it and leave it more easily then you would someone new. DO NOT SEND HIM AN E-MAIL NOW OR 3 MONTH FROM NOW! If he wants to get in contact with you he has your number and your e-mail. Trust me, when guys want something they will chase it. Do not make yourself seem anymore needy, its the #1 turn off in guys.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 8

• My guess is you didn't do anything wrong. Problem is, sometimes you do everything right and they still don't want you.

Nothing to be done. Move on.

• I don't know that you did anything wrong necessarily. It just sounds like he never wanted a relationship, he just wanted a friend with benefits. The moment that it started being something more, he wanted out. He probably thinks that now that you have feelings for him, you will become clingy and want more than he is willing to give, emotionally. The more you call, email, txt, etc, the more clingy you appear.

Your best bet is to just let it go.

• unfortunately I think it is the second one. I don't think he wants to associate with you anymore.

by saying leave me alone. that means leave me alone, for good.

i'm pretty sure he wants to be done with you and doesn't like you enough to love you back

what a jerk.

sorry.

• he fears commitment this is why gys and girls can never have friends with benefits or be just friends someone gets feeling and the other one doesnt

but if you want to speak to him and clear the air the worst thing that could happen is you realize that he just wanted sex which I think you have already thought that

tell him you just want to understand is it just that he doesn't want a relationship if he says leave him alone tell him he owes you a answer considering his dick was in you're p**** and I'm sure there is a good bit of stuff you two went threw together

but it sounds like he is scared ofa relationship he just wanted p**** and since you said that he really doesn't want to speack to you is my guess

• You need to move on. Sorry, but guys who only want sexual relationships are like this. It's not good or bad, but I'm incapable of only having sex with a girl. Some guys are different, and you knew that going in. You didn't do anything wrong other than thinking you were capable of a strictly sexual relationship. Society tells us we should be capable of this, but man girls (and guys) aren't. Respect yourself more next time.

More from Guys
3

What Girls Said 15

• Im sorry but if you went into this relationship only for fun you honestly can't expect him to have feelings. I've been in the same situtation and honsetly it does suck because being women eventually you do make a emotional connection. My guess is either something you said or maybe being just a little more interested then what he was looking for scared him away. Honestly the truth is if you want a guy to respect you like someone important in his life you have to teach him to respect you from the begining. I'm sure that wasnt your intetions but its one of those times where I say you lived it now learn from this experiance. I'm sorry but I think just cutting all ties is the best thing to do. He said it plain as day to leave him alone so do so. Be strong and just let it go take it for what it was a booty call. Sorry but he'll have more respect for you in the long run if you don't email or call ever again. I'm sure he knows how to contact you but I'd defineatley delete his # and email address. From now on no more hook ups like that at least too much stress for no reason. Good luck.You can be strong and it will pass.

• He keeps bringing up the relationship thing because he sensed you had more than just a physical attraction to him. You kept saying it was only sex but if it was just sex then you wouldn't give a sh*t if he ever wanted to see you again or not. And please don't write him a freakin letter. The man asked you to leave him alone so leave him alone. How much clearer can you get? I don't want to hurt your feelings but you really need to see that movie "He's just not that into you". He has told you to just leave him alone and still you wanna believe that he's hurt and likes you a lot when the truth is he had sex with you, got what he wanted, and now he's over it. Don't embarrass yourself anymore by begging.

• You told him your feelings and guys like him who tell you that they do not want a relationship which means any serious or commitment, get scared when you start to feel for them cause they do not want to hear that or know that you are getting serious. You didn't do anything wrong hon but you were real with him and he couldn't handle it. So yes leave him alone like he said because there is no point anymore. takin back what you sid doesn't change the fact that its been said and he knows you are feeling him and he doesn't want that to get deeper or lead you on so he breaks it all off. This is y he did it. You can't change guys who act this way. They really are scared of feelings because something happened to them. So its not you. you are fine. he just not ready

• Well honey, the fact that he did that to you and ended it so abruptly without explanation just means he isn't worth your time and you can find someone better for you. :))

• I don't think she deserves someone better. its karma. she was cheating on her boyfriend with this dude. Saying all she wanted was sex and now in a turn of events she developed feelings for him and he told her to f*** off.

• basically he only wanted sex and when you told him you had feelings (that means relationship to men) which is something he DOESNT want from you. So his "space" is a cop out becuase he's too chicken to say...i don't wnat to be around you anymore.

So leave him alone he isn't changing his mind. Though out of desperation for sex he may try and crawl back a few weeks/months later.

More from Girls
10