Will Jimmy Fallon be a good host for the Tonight Show?

Well, last night was Jay Leno's last night on the Tonight

Show after 22yrs. And, Jimmy Fallon is now taking over

the Tonight Show, so do you think he'll be a good host?

P.S. This is a poll question they asked on MSN, so I thought

I'd ask it here.

• Yes. He's hilarious.
  • No. I'll miss Leno.
  • I don't care.
  • I would have picked someone else.
  • Leno will be back in 6 months

Most Helpful Guy

• It's always tough on the new guy. Leno struggled at first, especially after replacing Johnny Carson. IIRC, his interview with Hugh Grant was the turning point (where Grant apologized for getting arrested for lewd conduct with a prostitute in LA). I expect that Jimmy Fallon will struggle a bit at first because he's young--and he's not Jay Leno. The new guy always goes through this. A lot of the people who watch the Tonight Show are older, and they have grown accustomed to the same host for 20+ years. Conan found that out--but Conan was also too wacky for mainstream America. He had those goofy body gestures and inside jokes that didn't mean anything to anybody who hadn't watched his shows for years. Fallon has a much better chance at succeeding than Conan did, but it may come down to a sensational interview that impresses the nation, like what happened with Leno (and it was just luck that Grant was scheduled to appear on the Tonight Show the week after his arrest). Making people laugh and getting people to identify with you are the key points for making it. Fallon can be funny, but I'm not sure he is a great standup comedian. However, he is likeable so he stands a chance...

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 16

• He's very talented, but a bit quirky as compared to his predecessors who were both more tailored to the mainstream and thus commanded broad appeal. Of course, Fallon will be coached and prodded to expand his appeal, and he's probably up to the task. Certainly more so than Toejam O'Brien.

• I feel Fallon is a great choice for a replacement; he's charismatic, he's entertaining overall and his energy will give the show more viewers of younger demographics.

Who would be a better replacement for Leno than Fallon?

• Fallon will be great! Both Johnny Carson was Jack Paar were great. IMO Jay Leno never had "IT". Yes he was good and appealed to a lot of people, but he just didn't have the natural with and humor to be truly funny. HE thought he was funny, which was apparent in his early years of stand-up. And I though that made him not funny as a comedian. His presentation and timing was just never honed like the greats.

Jimmy Fallon struggled as a single performer on SNL when he first started Weekend Update, but quickly came into his own. He is truly natually funny just like Jack Paar and Johnny Carson were. He's quick witted and doesn't look to the audience for a laugh with each joke. He's just down to earth, likable, and hilarious. He'll be better than Leno.

• I like how free-form Fallon's show is. And it was definitely time for Leno to step aside. I like the guy, but he doesn't really keep it fresh.

• I will truly miss Jay...he had a great talent. That said, I think Jimmy will do great and will stay ahead of Letterman in ratings.

More from Guys
11

What Girls Said 11

• They both have their charm. But I will miss Leno, he is a Chicago boy, so he has a place in my heart <3 :)

• Yes, I think so. I like all of the late night TV

Leno

Fallon

O'brien

Kimmel

Ferguson

Letterman

I'm just okay with all of them.

• I like Leno better. I think he'd be back :)

• Jimmy Fallon is fucking amazing. Hell yes he will be a good host, just like he has been

• I don't know, I think there could be mixed reviews.

More from Girls
6