How do you feel about people ignoring your texts/calls?

I've see this subject floating about here so lets try and get opinions. We all know mobile (cellular) phones are a must have in everyone's life these days, the convenience of contacting someone is so much easier than about 20 years ago (I know I'm old ha ha), where you had to rely on land line phones, telephone boxes and posting letters! Now due to the simplicity of mobile phones, let's say that you sent someone a text, would you expect a reply back? Would you expect a reply back in a day or 2? If someone doesn't reply back quick or at all, does it bug you? Are you bad at replying back or do you ignore? It would be interesting to get varied, honest opinions.

This also accounts for phone calls, if you went to someone's voice mail would you want a call back at least in a day? If someone ignored your calls and didn't call you back, would you be annoyed?
Thanks for the excellent responses, please keep them coming. It's funny, I text a friend from work after work as we planned to meet and she completely ignored my texts! Think she'll be treated the same back in return :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 18

What Guys Said 9

• Selected as most helpful

let's say that you sent someone a text, would you expect a reply back? yes I would but depend on the text they sent...

Would you expect a reply back in a day or 2? no only if I am busy

If someone doesn't reply back quick or at all, does it bug you? yes a lot

Are you bad at replying back or do you ignore? I not going to lie but sometimes I am bad at it .. but I always try my best to reply as quick as possible... if its some one who is annoying hell yea I am going to ignore them and if them don't stop just give them piece a mi mine

• When I text someone, I expect them to answer, but not like right away lol I'm not gonna get annoyed because they answer a few hours later.

But when I call someone, I get worried when they don't pick up xD I always start to worry and hope that everything is alright with them

• I feel pissed and annoyed as if I'm not important.

• If I call, send a text, leave a voice message, etc. I would expect at minimum text back in at least a day. It takes 15 seconds or less to let me know you got it and what's going on. If you can't call me back, just let me know and we can work out another time.

• It depends on whether they are ignoring it or just haven't checked their phone. If they are making twitter/Facebook mobile updates after I text them, I get mad because I KNOW they got it. If they just don't reply I just figure they haven't checked their phone.

If I like the person, I start to think I a lot. "Do they think I'm annoying?"

If I asked a question, I get anxious for the answer

If it's just hey, it doesn't bother me much

If we are fighting, I will do whatever I can to get them to reply. Blowing up the phone included

• I suppose it depends on why I'm texting them.

If I'm mad at them and we are fighting over text or something and they don't respond I get mad.

If I'm in need of some advice or cheering up I get upset

If I need them to do something in advance or at that moment I get irritated

If We are going to meet up and chill and I'm already there or I'm wondering where they are at and they don't respond until wayyyyyy later I get pissed off

If It's a normal day and I'm just saying what's up then it's whatever

If I really like/love them and they take forever to respond I get irritated/sad but then I get over it and walk away from the phone. lol.

• Sometimes I feel sad, mad, or just annoyed. And then I just stop texting them and when they text me back I just take twice as long to answer them. Or I just don't answer at all.

• It depends on why I was trying to contact them.

If I just sent someone a message that said, "Hey", and they didn't respond, I'd assume they were busy or something, and wouldn't dwell on it any more than that. If I made it clear that I needed to talk about something important, and they didn't respond within a couple of hours, I start getting kind of mad.

The only time I don't respond immediately is if I'm at work.

• I'm not sure I always get a return call or text. But I often ignore other peoples calls or texts if I'm busy, and I'll return it whenever I remember too.

• shows they don't care about u

• I don't like itD:

I mean I understand if your busy or eating, but if they're busy on commenting people's photos on Facebook, then at least reply.

But when they text back really late, I don't reply because I lost my interest in talking to them.

• Hate it! If someone calls/texts you,the polite thing to do is respond. My boyfriend hasn't been responding to my textx for 2 days now. I know he's busy,still hate it though.

• I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't leave voice mail, I'd rather text if my call didn't go though.

• depends who and the content.

business usually asap

family...if my mom is just bugging me about something...ahhaha later jk

but yea...i like to answer as soon as I get it.

if I get ignored, maybe that person is busy.

• Move to the next, it doesn't matter to me really.

• Its downright rude and I have no time for ignorant people

• i would be super annoyed but I also don't know if they are actually busy or ignoring me so I just wait for them to call or text the next time

• I would be annoyed.

I have a friend like this. She keeps saying she has only just got the text, but when I'm around her she gets them fine.

I told her flat out that I think that her phone works and that she just ignores my texts. She was upset by that, but still that's what I think.

I don't answer her texts or calls anymore.

• Well done! I do the same when people ignore mine, otherwise I never ignore or reply back late.

• If it is just a friend I get annoyed but I assume they are busy. Friends that reply quickly to text get a lot of respect from me, as I am quick to reply myself... The ones that are always ignoring or take for ever to reply, I quickly distance my self from, seriously unless there is a good reason you should be easy to reach by text or calling.

For girls I like, I kinda assume if a girl is doing it it is because she is not interested. If she does it but then acts totally diffrent when I am around her (like really interested or what not) I assume she is dishonest and probably playing with multiple guys. I say this cause I have seen a girl that usually ignores my calls ignore other guys calls when she is around me. So it hit me, she is probably doing the same thing to a lot of guys (my logic but works for me).

• pisses me off, especially if it's something serious.

• indifferent, mostly

• I was trying to ignore this question, but couldn't answer in doing so.

Well played sir, well played

• lol

• I only get annoyed if I don't get a response after having indicated in a message that time is an important factor.

• Used to it.

Most of the times, its not because they have no interest in you.

Usually they are...

-Not at their phone

-Forgot it

-Lost it

-No battery

-In some loud place

-Too busy eating, sleeping, tired, sad, not having a good day, lazy, talking with other friends...

-Acting cool and playing games with you

-Testing you

-No signal

-...

Then there is...

-Disinterested in you

Too many paranoid people making wild accusations. I do it sometimes too. :X

• Piss-ed

• It pisses me off and I do not put up with it for long

• Phuck em. If they do it long enuff then I move on