Should I just stop texting her and try to forget about her?

So there's this girl that I like we work with each other, I told her my feelings for her. Right now she is away for school she will be back in April. but this is what she said when I told her I liked her

"Hey, umm I think we should just stay friends, I like talking to you and everything, but I don’t want anything more than that...and I’m still with my boyfriend...I don’t want this to make anything weird, I like having you as a friend. "

so I did not text her for like a week then I got a message from her saying she was worried because I was not replying to anyone who was texting me. So this is how some of the text convo went here we go. I am skipping a lot of stuff and getting to the main part.

( Her: I'm sorry.. he was asking me if I had talked to u.. and he told me you weren't answering him.. I got worried and he told me to let him know if I heard from you.)

(Me: aww thanks for caring its alright you don't have to be sorry. I was just depressed.)

(her: you know you can still talk to me you know, I'm pretty much bored everyday haha..)

(me:I still want to be good friends but its killing me that I can never have a chance with you I don't know what to do.)

(her: I'm sorry I really don't know what to tell you...I'm sure you'll move past it, just takes some time, I think me not being around will be good tho... I do really wanna stay friends with u, your one of the only guys I can actually talk to and get what I'm saying!)

(me: I don't know when you left that's when it all kicked in. I just have one more question. I'm not saying its going to happen but if you ever do brake up with your boyfriend. Can we just go out 1 time?)

(her: I dunno.. I don't see us breaking up.. but we"ll see if that happens...)

we still text and everything but I always have to text first. I thought she liked me we would always flirt and stuff at work even the manager came in and stop flirting she would drive me home from work and everything. But I think she just got back with her boyfriend they keep braking up I believe SO I don;t know if I should keep being friends with her and text her like every second day and see if I got a chance if she brakes up with her boyfriend or should I just stop texting her and try to forget about her?

Weird she sent me a text out of nowhere so now I don't know what to do.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 3

• Yea I would stop texting her. She has a boyfriend and is trying to make that situation work. The best thing you can do is give her space and not worry about it. Guys who text a girl all the time after she has clearly marked a boundary wreck their chances. I had this happen to me a few times and its annoying and it makes the girl feel uncomfortable and pressured.

• You are using texting to hang on to the hope of being with her. She has made it clear how she feels. Even if she breaks up with her boyfriend she won't be looking for anyone serious for a while. And the other person is right you would be the first to know if she wanted. You deserve to be more than a consolation prize. When you told her, she had the choice to leave her boyfriend for you and she didn't. If you wnat to stay friends text her a lot less just to ask how things are going, but move on to someone who wants you and you first.

• Selected as most helpful

Stop putting pressure on her. She wants to make things work with her boyfriend and she clearly knows that you're an option if she changes her mind about a relationship with you. I doubt that will happen, but fretting over it and bringing it up to her only push her away. Move on and look for someone that wants to be with you. If she changes her mind and things don't work with her boyfriend, you'll be the first to know.

• I've been in a similar situation. It may be a long way down the road, but if you're there as a friend she'll know she can come to you and if you keep it platonic and she does end things with her boyfriend, wait until it settles down and then test the waters.

• You give some good advice thanks So I will just talk to her if she messages me first. I will just be her friend and who knows maybe sometime down the road she will date me.

• Girls do that. So do guys. She's just looking for friendship. So talk, but keep it platonic. Don't cling onto to the hope of getting her into a relationship. Just look at her only as a friend.

• Show Older
  • The monkey never learns, you are around the 100th guy to ask this same question, and guess what it is always the same response, l just want to be friends. Never ever admit to a chick that you have feelings for her until she says it first.

She has a boyfriend, and unless your a damn good at getting women, chances are she won't just break up with him for you, and even if she does break up with him chances are she won't go out with you. I see it a hundred times, a guy likes a chick who has a boyfriend, she breaks up with him, but instead of going out with the guy who likes her, he finds out she is already talking to some new guy. Here is the reason, she put you in the friend zone, and that means your chances are over. Getting out of the friend zone is about as easy as building a snow man in hell, it's just not going to happen.

Find another girl, otherwise your going to be chasing this one around in circles, feel free to send me a message if you want more advice, but for now find another chick.

• yeah there is no reason to keep texting someone like that