Is there more pressure on guys than girls to do something special on Valentine's Day?

• Yes
  • No
  • Same for both
    Vote C

712

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, got to always find something different and exciting to do. You want sparks to fly on Valentine's Day, make it special.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bruh.

So much pressure. The girl has to remember to shoot a text message saying, "Happy V-day." the guy's gotta buy flowers/chocolates/plan a date/do whatever.

Unless you're my fiance. In which case you just gotta remember to get on Skype at 8pm so we can Skype for 15 minutes lol

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Personally I do NOT like Valentine's Day if I am dating a woman at the time. I feel what I do might not be enough and she might not feel like it was a "good Valentine's Day" for her, etc. And I don't like the idea that it is just because it is all "because it is Valentine's Day"... I dread it coming if I am in a dating situation at the time. The last long term dating relationship I had, we split for mutually agreeable reasons due to "long distance", and it was a couple of weeks before Valentine's Day. I remember feeling relieved... LOL!

• I don't see why there's pressure at all. I've had fun planning awesome Valentine's Day surprises..

• It a fact that Valentine Day is a money making business. Women are very obsessed with it because they think it all about them. They expect their husband or boyfriend to spend all this money for them. Valentine Day has nothing to do with sex.

Valentine Day is a time to reflexed on others who has impact your life. Those would include your husband, wife, children, brothers and sisters, grandparents, cousins, aunt, uncle, nephew, nieces, boyfriend, girlfriend, males friends, female friends, etc, etc.

It a time of celebrated. A time to said thank you for being in my life.

No female, Valentine Day is not just for you. It for everyone.

• Yeah it seems like the whole holiday is about the guy having to impress the girl.

• of course cuz we're the ones that are expected to be romantic in general anyway, i don't think girls are very romantic and charming because most don't really have to be to get into a guys pants lol

• I'm usually a brilliant present buyer if it's random! When it becomes a special event and someone is expecting a present I lose my special powers! lol

• Yes, hard to find a date for Valentines day when your a guy.

• Yeah probably

• Same.

• How is this even a question? OF COURSE there is.

• The only thing expected of women is that they're physically there.

What Girls Said 6

• No doubt about it.
    I personally find the whole stupid af

• Of course why shouldn't there be pressure? I'm not a feminist so I don't see why a guy wouldn't do something special on Valentine's Day

• Yeah i think so.

• Yes.. it dosen't matter, Valentine's Day or anniversary, guy is the one that 'has' to remember and do all work:/

• Of course and that's a good thing. :)

• Yes, because of the material nature of the holiday. Guys are expected to get flowers, get her jewelry, get her some kind of cute present. I'm not going to lie and say I hate getting cute things, but I'm happy just spending time with him. If I knew of things to get him I would, but it's not like guys want their girl to buy them flowers or something. I could give him head but I do that all the time. I have no clue what to do that's "special"