Boyfriend hates Valentine's Day?

Just so happens that this is one of my favourite holidays , my boyfriend hates Valentine's Day. We've been together for 2 years now last Valentine's Day he bought me a bottle of wine and that was it. The thought that counts is what matters but I just wish he would celebrate it with me , he says it's just a way for the government to get people to spend money... how can I make him feel special on that day so he knows I appreciate him and can change his mind?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is absolutely right, it is nothing but a corporate scam to get guys to buy their wife/girlfriend gifts to stay out of the doghouse. Men get nothing out of it but pointless spending.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Valentine's day too, so I can imagine how you feel. I'd suggest researching the history of Valentine's day with him, so that he will understand that it wasn't invented to encourage consumerism. You can also explain exactly what the holiday means to you personally and why you love it so much, to help him relate to how you feel and why it's important to you to celebrate it. Talk about things you like to do to celebrate that are fun- especially things that might appeal to him- and make it clear that it's not just about gifts. Also, ask him what you can do to make it more fun for him, and how HE would enjoy celebrating the occasion. As a last ditch attempt, remind him that this is just one day, and it means a lot to you, so it shouldn't be the end of the world for him to go along with it to make you happy.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• tell him steak and blowjob day is just as bad.

What Girls Said 2

• he is right i also think lilke that

• He's a smart guy so find something inexpensive to do with him last v-day I bought rose petals and candles and put a path to my front door to my room door I wore a nice stripper outfit in his favorite color and a movie from red box we didn't have sex it was the time we spent cuddle up which I enjoyed and I spent less then $40