If I get him a gift card for Valentines Day, is it okay if I buy him other stuff too?

My boyfriend spent 150 bucks on my Christmas present so I want to return the favor... I am planning on giving him a 100 Visa gift card. I also want to make him some cookies and buy him a pair of cool socks because he loves wearing crazy socks with his suits to work.

My only concern is that's it too much. We've been dating since Nov. 26 and this will be our first Valentines Day together :3

Most Helpful Girl

• it might be a little too much too soon, personally i think a heartfelt thoughtful gift of x value would be much more sentimental rather than 'cash' which would be more ideal for Christmas or a birthday :) the cookies sound good though~ just have a think about what would really show your love for him!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Dont over due it, if neither of you hadn't been in a healthy relationship prior to this, slow steady and just enjoy eachothers company, bed/breakfast place for a day and socks

• Silly or small presents with thought are better than a lump of cash or gift card. Valentine's is meant to be about gestures not cash.

• If he puts that much out then to me it would show that you're willing to put forth that kind of effort as well. And for the additional presents absolutely! Cookies and socks are awesome! it's not like you're spending too much. 😁

What Girls Said 2

• I think a $100 visa gift card sounds like a little much... especially because a visa gift card is essentially cash. You're his girlfriend, not his aunt. I'd encourage you to focus on choosing an actual gift that he'll enjoy rather than throwing money at him out of a sense of obligation. It was generous of him to spend a lot on your Christmas gift, especially considering that you'd only been together for a month at that point, but that doesn't have to set the standard for every holiday going forward.

• you don't have to buy extra things