Do you need to buy a valentines' gift for the person you're dating/your SO?

If yes, what kind of gifts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Going out, to a restaurant, on the 'Busiest Day' is not my thing!! I HATE crowds, waiting, and all that.
    I always make a special evening for her, when I am with someone I care about.
    I try to find out what is her favorite meal, before, and what flowers she REALLY likes (Roses are so typical as to be annoying!!) what wine she likes, and so on.
    If we have spent the night together, I send her a proper invite, to spend the night, having an elegant dinner, wine, and she should bring her selection of movies that she prefers. Calories are DEFINITELY NOT COUNTED, as it is a night to be special. . .
    What better gift, than her favorite meal, cooked together, with her favorite wine, perhaps a little casual touching, and kissing while cooking, sharing the food, the wine, and a DECADENT CHOCOLATE Dessert, and snuggling watching a movie, or two, before falling asleep in each other's arms?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it's not really the gift what counts but what you do and how you handle the day.

this year i am making a Video collage for my man where everyone says that i love him, his friends and family are in his video and im also adding a lot of OUR videos together, we HAVE TONS, so i am making a MOVIE :)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• something I make myself, or something she won't be expecting. We don't make a big deal out of Vday as a married couple, so she will be surprised.

• No, you don't "need" to. When it becomes a chore, the feeling is lost. The whole point of valentine is the feeling.

• No you don't have to buy anything, but you should do something nice for them I think. Doesn't even have to be fancy, but like going out for a coffee or watching a movie while cuddling is sometimes better than a gift because you're making the day a little more special in a non-materialistic way.

• No. I prefer to show affection through emotional support and saying kind things and hugging and kissing

• I dont "need to" but definitely "want to". Definitely something sexy. Lingerie, or maybe a toy or something.

• You don't need to but it's nice

• Depends on what you both agreed on. I knew a couple that did not buy gifts at all for each other except on their respective birthdays and another that gave each other gifts every major holiday that you are traditionally giving and then a few more

What Girls Said 7

• You don't "need to" buy a gift, but don't you want to do something to make them feel special?

Gifts are nice, if you can afford it and know what they like. The more personal a gift is, the better. If budget is an issue, there are many gestures that don't cost much money but are sweet and meaningful. Cooking someone a special dinner is fun. One year, my boyfriend filled the room with tea light candles and had a single red rose for me - really sweet, and really inexpensive. It's not about the money, it's about the thought behind it.

• You don't have to. I've been with my partner five years, he's never given me a Valentine's gift. Whenever I have given him gifts, they've either been sweets he likes, some chocolate, I've gotten him potted roses a few times and last year I got him a lion teddy.

• Nope. Once you start expecting so much, you start appreciating less.. My man gives me all his attention and love, tbh he makes me feel like it's valentines everyday.

• You don't need to, but it' generally a nice thing to do. Flowers and chocolates + a dinner date is usually the norm.

• some things are not bought but free

• A little surprise here and there is nice.

• You don't have to if it's a mutual agreement between you two.
    I would say buy them something sweet. Like their favorite chocolate 🍫 and favorite flowers. Write a poem for them...

If you want to go out make sure you have reservations please!!