Maybe I just don't understand it. But what's so special about Valentine's day?

I never really understood it. Seeing how some girls gets really upset about it.
If you want to do something special or buying something nice. Just do it, it doesn't have to be on Valentine's day. Last year my friends said the only reason I don't care is because I was single. Now I'm in a relationship, happily in love with my boyfriend and I honestly still don't care or see the big deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess the day is not that special but it's just an opportunity to surprise someone you love :D
    And that in itself is nice to do, and nice to be pleasently surprised!

• That's totally understandable, but maybe I'm just different. I would be more surprised if it was on any day like on the Superbowl or something totally random on any day. Not on a day when your suppose to do it.

• Oh yeah, that's true as well! Like a florist bringing you flowers with a card attached "The limo is waiting downstairs <3 <3 ".

• Thanks for the MH :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I think Valentine's day has become over commercialised. It's lost its "realness" if you get what I mean. I mean if you love someone then wouldn't every day be Valentine's day? Sure gifts are great to show your appreciation but it doesn't beat the words " I love you " from your SO every day ...

What Guys Said 2

• Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have never been in a relationship on any Valentines day. And I feel it's just overhyped.

I'd rather snuggle up on my couch with a video game!

• I believe so too.
      Same!! Haha, I will be playing video games as well and I told my boyfriend if he wants he can join and then I can beat him in Madden lol.

• Haha yeah! ...
      Oh bummer, I dated a guy that wasn't into video games and it sucked honestly because I love playing video games. I'm a single player person but I still enjoy a two player game.

• Gamer girls are rarer than 4 leaf clovers! Haha!

I don't play much now, neither do I date much. Too much shit going on in life! 😛

• I have no clue. I'm just as baffled by it as you.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't either. In highschool, yeah. As an adult it has never been a big deal.

• During my pre teen I did the giving everyone a card and candy. But now it's like I don't get why it's something to get mad about. The girls I use to be friends with, gets really upset when they don't get anything.

• Thank you! = )

• You're welcome.😊

• No idea hun. To be fair me. and my boyfriend use it as an excuse to go to the zoo haha

• To me, Valentine's day has never been a biggie cause I've never really experienced it in a way that I would think I would miss something if I didn't do anything on that day. However now I kinda want to do something special, eat well with my boyfriend or just have good time.😊

• it's just about going to buy yourself some chocolates and some wine... and you drink it up because you think you're awesome.

• nothing

• it's a day to show lots of love towards family, close friends, girlsfriend, boyfriend. I'm just guessing.

• Valentines day exists for 2 reasons:
    1) For single people to complain about their single status.
    2) For people who are in a relationship to brag about their Valentine's special...

• maybe it's bc it shows that your partner thought of you. it personally doesn't bother me though, it's not a special day in our relationship, just a general day for everyone so yeah.

• Any day can be a special day to show love but i think it became kind of tradition like family having some time during holiday etc. i think Valentines day is special day. and i have noticed guys who don't care about the Valentaine's day tend to not care about their girlfriend on normal days too 😂