Asking girl out for Valentine's day?

There is a girl I met in one of my college classes last semester and we hit it off great. I ended up asking her out to dinner just before finals in December, she blushed a bit and acted nervous, but the issue is that she had a long distance boyfriend.

Anyway, come this semester she is in one of my classes and we've been talking a bit during class and I was thinking about asking her out for Valentine's day.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• If she's still serious about her boyfriend, then I wouldn't pick Valentine's day. It might not be worth asking her out on an actual date anyway until she says she's done with the boyfriend. You're asking her to choose and it's a lot of pressure to put on her. You can be friends in the meantime and convince her you're the better boyfriend material.

• I just don't want to wait too long before asking her out again, though she obviously knows that I'm interested in potentially dating her.

• I don't want to just be a "friend", that is exactly where that will lead me.

• The risk you run when you ask her out on an actual date is she says "no thank you, I have a boyfriend." Then what happens? Do you have a plan B?

What Guys Said 1

• Well ask her out then buddy. Maybe she will decide to be with you instead.

• She is still "with" the long distance boyfriend, but that is in another country lol. Anyway, I wasn't sure if that is a bad idea for a first date, but since we've known each other for a while I don't think it would be a big deal.

• The thing is, if she is not married you can ask her out. She is in a relationship yes. But that does not mean she is locked in. She has options. You are not asking her to cheat, rather you are presenting yourself as a potential option. If she decides to go with you, then cheerio. There is no harm in asking. If she turns you down oh well. But if she accepts then hey buddy, you got yourself a date.

• That's true, thanks for your input my friend.