Guys, Nothing for Valentines?

So I just wanna say, boyfriend has never done anything for me for any holiday ever in years. Does this usually mean that he doesn't care? I'm asking because he said that I'm overreacting and have no clue what I'm talking about and guys just don't "do" holidays?
I'm the romantic type, he's the "I don't care bout no one" type... No effort not even in the every day stuff :\ Im getting the feeling I'm answering my own question here.
Anywho, I just want the GUYS take on this?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's my opinion on this. You might disagree with me. It does not mean he does not care. It means you're a part of his daily life and a part of his routine. From my point of view, looking at a girl as a part of my routine would be the most important thing, rather than pampering her just on certain number of days just because others do. It just shows consistency and not stagnancy. It's kinda hard to put into words what I'm thinking about this right now. I hope I've not confused you further 😊

• No you haven't. I guess I wasn't clear, He doesn't do anything really at all. Like literally not even Christmas. He usually buys himself stuff.

• I'm sorry to say this then. You are in trouble and you should look at options

• And adding to my comment, there is a difference between being a part of his routine and being taken for granted

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• I would feel bad if someone keeps going out of my way for me. Relationship is a 2 way street. Guys do holidays, so I don't know about that. Does he feel appreciated when you do things for him? He may not do gifts but does he go out of his way for you?

• No. He prefers video games and hanging with his friends. He will not inconvenience himself in any way.

• I think he takes you for granted. Look I'm not going to tell you to break up with him but think about everything in this relationship. Sure you love him but are you happy? This is a hard decision, maybe don't bring up the gift idea but talk to him about being more supportive and show more appreciation to you

• I don't care about any date in specific. If it was up to me, every single day (including Christmas, my birthday, and Thanksgiving) would be the same. Maybe he is of the same opinion. Valentines day is a bit cheesy anyway.

• Oi no no I mean he doesn't do anything not even every day.

• He might not care, but Valentine's isn't just a woman's day.

• Dude I understand, I've done things for him all the time, it's annoying because he doesn't do anything for me in return.

• He has crossed his three strikes and more if you believe in that

• Being rewarded for efforts is a part of good relationship. This is coming from a guy who's 23 and has had three failed ones in a span of one and a half year

• Does he show any sort of appreciation for you on the daily or occasionally?

• Nope. Like right now. Just got released from hospital with a concussion. Dr told him to wake me up every 3 hours to make sure I don't deteriorate and slip into a coma. He passed out 2 hours ago and decided to pout and ignore me. I think this moment is becoming rather clear to me.

• I think after my venting episode here about how he doesn't care... that's going to be my option for sure. Actually I'm setting that goal, leave him as soon as I'm not crippled and concussed (severely might I add... I'm surprised I'm typing half decently right now.) I am not 100 normal cause I usually have better thought process than this and my words are usually much more... booky... not sure what I mean by that, but I sound like an idiot right now.
      Anyways, Ya no I'm leaving him. He don't care.

• Hopefully you're doing alright though.

• Do you do things for him on holidays?