Should I give her something on Valentine's Day?

Well I'm 16 years old high school boy and there is a girl from my class. We were friends before. Before two weeks I told her that I liked her and she said she only sees me as friend. Few days ago she said she meant that she needed time to think and that she wants to try to be together. I told her that let's know each other more first and then we'll see how it goes. So we are not in relationship but we are like dating if you can call it like that "seeing how it goes". The thing is Valentine's day is near and since we were only talking to each other for couple of days I do not know what should I do. The thing is we are not a "thing" yet and we are not in relationship officially so should I bring her something on that day? Should I talk to her about it? Or do what I was thinking bringing a rose with a little card to show that I really like her? This is my first time so I do not know what to do and as I know it's her first time dating someone. I'm really stressed about because I don't want to ruin it with her cuz I really like her. PS: We didn't go out yet just talking inside school and knowing each other better.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 11

• Maybe just get her a cute and generic card and write inside of it something like "Happy Valentines Day" or something kinda funny. I think I got someone a card with a kitten on it and said inside that I kinda was into him. It came accross as cute and kinda funny, and alleviated the problem of bringing absolutely nothing to the table. Id acknowledge her, especially if you guys are getting to know eachothers ways and seeing how things go. She may hold it against you subconsciously if you do nothing. If she acts weird once you do do something, give her the cold shoulder and act like you dont want to go out. Next time she wants to hang out, say you're busy... maybe only answer every other call or 2 of hers.. not much response for her texts generally keep it short for a couple weeks. If she feels rejection, thats the key to getting in her life. Just remind her that she needs to try for your affection. Its a game, I know, but it works well. If nothing else, maybe itll boost your confidence if you really aren't into her.

• Yes!! You should ^-^ she will know that you are really interested on her and also that you're a nice guy because you tried to "impress" :D

• A single rose is perfect I think ๐ŸŒน

• I think that she would be flattered to say the least. However, put a note with the rose that says sething similar to "I know we are getting to know each other, but Happy Valentine's Day! I wanted to do so. ething nice for you."

• Get her something simple.. Like a hair clip or smthng. a very simple one

• Well if you want to further your relationship with her along you could give her something. ๐Ÿค—The rose idea is what she'll love the most! You shld do that one! Good luck!

• If you don't get her something she's going to think you don't care. I say go with your idea of a rose and a tiny card with a note. She's a lucky girl and if she doesn't want to be with you then she's missing out.

• You should definitely get her something nothing over the top cuz your not even dating yet but you might be after you get her the gift girls love gifts especially on dates like Valentine's Day

• I would love to have my guy friend or some one who I am "dating" to get me something on valentines day just as long it is not to big.

• Yes, do give her something to prove your love.

• yes yes yesss. she'll love it. even if it's like one flower or even a little card

What Guys Said 8

• dude if I like a girl I send her a $2 stuffed bear (her favorite animal if possible in her favorite color if possible) and a $1 rose say you have a friend that wants to give you something pull it out from your back with the rose in the bears arms. shell think its great if she doesn't get you anything tell her not to worry =) good luck

• Stuffed animals are the worst! I always feel like they gather dust and I feel bad throwing them away! I now will tell anyone that gives me one that Im going to toss it and its the thought that counted. Seriously... animals, real or stuffed, maybe aren't the best of ideas for gifts.

• ... girls love them they will set it up in their room and tell you about it man. I know it seems lame but she will look at it and think of you. one time I gave the bear a name and every time I saw her I was like shows rooger doing dose he need to come back to live with me... she ate that stuff up and I was always able to start a conversation with her... im sure I could ask her about it today and her still make up a story

• ... She not a boy she's girl they like that stuff man

• I would say... Something easy...
    But make a sweet story behind it...
    For Example: (Give 2 Roses)
    " I got you a rose , But then i felt the rose would be lonely... So now there is Two..."

Focus less on price and quantity...
    Focus more on the Romance part so do effort or make a poem or story...
    If that doesn't fit you...
    Get a Poem of the internet that is cute and makes you think of her...
    Add flowers + Chocolates !!! Easy / Quick ( but not that special )

( You can pm me for help )

• This situation is tricky. "Let's see where things go" in high school, means to string someone along when his/her doesn't know whether to date exclusively or not. Seen it happen all the time as a "soft rejection".

So technically she can seeing another guy.

If you want to give her something, give something really small like a bar of her favorite candy.

Don't do flowers for a girl that's isn't 100% yours when you made your feelings known. Otherwise that is a #SuckerMove.

• Dude you r not a Superman or a celebrity to make it official.. relax and tell her your feelings.. though at this tender age a girl on ur mind is definitely a distraction to your budding career.. no matter what you say n how u lie to yourself.. deep down inside.. you do know that.
    Anyway, if you really wanna make things work, gift her the chocolate and a bunch of red roses. Should be sufficient considering you being a student. No need to try fancy things. Just keep it simple. A good girl falls for your simplicity rather than your pompous lifestyle and materials. Good luck bro!๐Ÿ‘

• That isn't even his girl! She hasn't earned the right to receive any romantic gifts like that

• Well sirji, that's not for us to decide.. it's their issues they shall resolve it. and where did this right thing came into picture? The guy only loves this girl.. girl treats him as a good friend.. but then she told she needs time.. let gim give the time to her.. that's it.

• huh! firstly: u should knw this. u r not in a relationship n u r not dating at all and yes u should get her sumthing, cauz girls like... no i mean love receiving things from boys they like.
    secondly: this will make her like u more and also create opportunities for u in the future like, making out n even going as far as getting laid.
    you should get her a big enough teddy bear that she can hug and it must be white 1 with a box of chocolate and sumthing to remember u by like a pendant are sumn also word of advice, dont stop giving her things... continue giving but only wen she ask or u offer to give sumthing cauz it doesn't matter if just to buy lunch, juice or taking her out sumwhere jus keep giving and care for her cause thats the most important thing... is that u care about her and show it to her that u care and u will have her in your car, her place or your place fucking by next 2 week.

• get some flowers for her and whatnot
    if she doesn't take em, give em to your mum as a surprise

• How about giving her a little box of chocolate heart shaped... Characters Like Snoopy and Charlie Brown? At grocery stores for a dollar?
    I am sure she will be pleased.

• If you want to be more than friends this is the best time to make it known. A card, a candy bar and if you really want to impress maybe a piece of jewelry, nothing pricey just something you think she would like and make sure to tell her you think she would look nice in it. You can do all of that for under $10.