My boyfriend is not spending Valentine's Day with me. Should I make it a big deal?

I'm feeling a bit sad that my boyfriend has no plans to be with me on valentine day. First off I'm not the type of girl that would be like omg what we doing on this day etc BUT i did expect him to mention something when he was at my house yesterday. We both have our birthdays on February his is on the 20 and mines is on the 27. He has told me what i want to do for my birthday our birthdays is on a Monday and he works that day , He even told me that he doesn't know if he wants to request it off or just work since his birthday is a holiday and he said it might be busy, basically he told me his going work so that means i won't even be with him , only on the weekend. He said he can be with me on my birthday and request that day so we can have a 3 day weekend together, i still 'know what to do for my birthday but I'm feeling a bit I don't know sad that he didn't have no plans for valentines and his going to work on his birthday doesn't that sound a little weird? by the way we been together for 5 years already.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• going to work on his birthday isn't weird

no plans for Valentine's day is perhaps a little weird if you two are the types to celebrate v-day in some way. that said perhaps he has a surprise lined up or if you going to see each other this weekend to me that is just as good as seeing each other on the actual day

• use the power of suggestions he does not really understand your feelings. without getting angry suggest wot would make you happy enough to give him head for Valentine's day. bet you will get wot you want

• You've been together 5 years. So what if he can't be with you a vday. Get over it.

What Girls Said 4

• Did you let him know that you want to celebrate? Has he ever let you know how he feels about the holiday? I think this situation really calls for some more communication.

• As far as the stuff about requesting time off work, going to work on birthdays and minor holidays is completely normal. Many people wouldn't even have the option of trying to take off those days from work. So if that's the main issue that you're concerned about, I think you should probably let it go. That said, if you wanted to spend the evening with him after work, that would be a very reasonable thing to want.

• Since valentine came on Tuesday this year, I don't think its a huge deal if he didn't take the day off as it kinds fucks up the week. Personally I prefer celebrating my birthdsy over valentine because my birthday is about me, and Valentine's is about everyone.

• Sounds like he's working hard to spend time with you. Valentine's Day is just a day. He chose your birthday over Valentine's Day, which I think is sweeter. Remember he cares and he's not super man. Sometimes you have to work around work.

• Maybe he has something secret planned? I work my birthdays too. It is sweet he took your birthday and not his off though. He cares about you. (: