Why do you HATE Valentine's Day?

Stole this idea from my local library, they're calling their celebration for today Anti Valentine, LOL

I hate all the hype, if I love someone we can be romantic whenever we need to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I dislike the commercialization of holidays, and the pressures associated with holidays. For me, it lacks genuineity (is that a word?:). I'd rather have random events and celebrate the meaning of certain holidays like Christmas. Valentines should be various days, not just one.

At the high level, its a scheme to sell goods. takes advantage of human nature and the need to feel accepted and societal pressure.

The + is it is a reminder to do something loving when a lot of us don't think and fall into the "rut" of life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that it's another holiday that makes single people feel inferior. Just like Christmas and New Years.

• I agree. Your comment though reminds me of some of my best memories in early school where a girl gave me a valentines card. I had no idea I even existed to girls, made me feel so special. So if there is any social way in which to give gifts to others unexpected, that is really sweet and lasting in their life. I wish I had done more of that, that is really fun and life to make someone else feel special. It doesn't have to mean the world, just make it fun. Send a card. Just a thought... but struck my memory!

• @lightbulb27 that's true. It's a nice way to be. I guess I just usually miss out on all that romantic crap myself usually

What Guys Said 12

• I don't its my birthday, yeah I turned 22 today

• It's backwards to who Saint Valentine was. Also, it's just a way for businesses to get people (men especially) to spend more money. If I care for someone, why do I need a day to show it? You'll know for the whole year. But, it's a great way to get cheap chocolate afterward!

• When I was single and alone, I never paid much attention to Valentine's Day anyway. Now that I'm married, I still don't pay much attention to Valentine's Day, other than getting the obligatory flowers for my wife, and a card with something mushy scribbled in it.

• I don't at all.

• Mostly because I don't have anyone and because it's so commercialized and rubbed in our faces

• I am single so it's better that I don't take a stand on this.

• Don't need any charity cases, whatever that meand

• I don't. I'm just alone and unwanted

• Well everyday of the year should be for your loved one, not just one !! and its so overrated !!

• Because I feel pressured to live up to all the romantic stuff, while my partner ignores anything physical back.

• cause it's a reminder to single people they're still single. thats all the holiday is. no different

• Just a way for big business to make more money.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't even care it

• Because I have no one to celebrate it with

• I don't hate it but I feel the hype is too much. It's overrated πŸ˜‚