Does anyone else find St. Valentine's Day ridiculous?

First of all, how many people know the holiday ACTUALLY honors a Saint? Saint Valentine was commemorated on February 14th (Back in 176 A. D.), and he was interested in restoring traditional relationships in Rome, Italy.

Second of all, the holiday in this day of age makes little sense to me: Show your love to a significant other ONE day a year? What about the other 364 days a year? Actually, I would rather BE single on this day than in a relationship, so it gives me a legit excuse not to "celebrate" this day.

@rainie_ I guess this is one way of looking at it.

@evenlift This is a good point.

Most Helpful Girl

• People love celebrations and cultural traditions. I don't think Valentine's is meant to be the only day of the year you do something special with your partner. Just like mother and Father's Day aren't the only days of the year you do anything special for them. I think it's just fun personally but that's just me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people don't have the time, money or effort to do something special every single day.

It's fine.

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly think people just want excuses to buy things that make them happy to get over the post Christmas depression.

What Guys Said 2