Very fast heart rate and out of breath lifting weights

hey guys and gals, for the past 5 months I have started to train and try and get bigger, it has been working. I have put on a solid 20lbs so far. I have a long way to go

whenever I lift weigthts, I get so out of breathe it's like I ran a marathon, and my heart will race so fast.

my arms, forearms mainly, get so veiny it looks inhuman. more then any other guy I have seen. I am still skinny but yet I have these pronounced veins in my arms, it really looks insane. when I am not working out my veins aren't really there unless it's a warm temperature or they randomly decide to say hello (lol)

so my question is, why do I get so out of breath and my heart races? sometimes when I come home I will struggle to breathe for up to 6 hours post workout

and what's with these veins, are they good or bad. I think they look awesome but what's the cause

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• You should see a doctor, it sounds a lot like asthma and/or high blood pressure to me.

It's also possible one of your rips 'snapped' out of place. Sounds bad and painfull, but it's really not a doctor can fix it in 30 secs. It does however make breathing hard and may even interrupt your circulation

• ok, well either if you're out of breath hours after working out, there is def something wrong

• i don't have asthma, high blood pressure on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised

• Selected as most helpful

When you work out , the blood flow to your body organs increases as well as heart rate and force of contraction also increases to compensate blood flow need of organs..and that's why veins dilate to drain more blood to the heart..also when you work out ,it releases some hormones known as "catacholamines" which also has effects on heart rate,respiratory rate and blood vessels..

and you know it's actually good, many girls like veiny arms..

too bad I don't have that much prominent veins on my biceps :(

hope that helps ^_^

source -

I'm a final year Medical student :)

• good info bro

• Bulging veins is a sign of high blood pressure that coupled with the racing heart, is not a good sign. You should see a doctor. If you have extreme hypertension or an arrhythmia, you could collapse and die while exercising.

• What supplements are you on?

Is this on all days, or does it depend what type of exercise you're doing?

• my fathers side of family had heart problems

• On inhaling can increase, but generally decreases.

Its worth getting a full check up.

If you're still using the same Dr. as your parents and don't trust them, get your own dr. You want a doctor you can be very open about everything going in your body, so they know how to interpret results and what to keep an eye on.

• no I have not got my blood pressure checked

and yes I may as swell not lie. I smoke weed on the regular, not a pothead but I do have it a few nights a week, this doesn't affect blood pressure though?

• Show Older
  • 1)Do you eat ?

2)Do you drink LOTSS of water ?

3)how many Reps do you do ? for each machine ?

Veins are normal I have them too but only when I work out . but if you have them just there it just means you have a thin skin !

• try protein shakes bro ! out of breathe might also be a hot temp , turn on the AC to 60 degrees keep I t that way when you enter and get out . if it is still happening you might need to go out and run a lot . and if that don't work go to the doctor and check for asthma

• no not at the moment, just lots of food lol

• Protein shakes ?

• Show Older