How should I approach my boyfriend on having him help with our baby at night?

Well I'm up with my baby right now Makayla who refuses to fall asleep! Lol so little bored abs just wanted to ask for your opinions on the matter.

Well my baby girl is 5 weeks and ever since she got home I've been up everynight with her, now I love her of course but I would like some help and well some sleep! She has acid reflux so if anyone has a baby who has it will understand it's even harder at night with a baby! There has been nights where I've gotten thirty minutes of sleep where she's screams all night because she in pain she won't eat or she's like starving very fussy and it can be very fusterating on the parents. All dad does is grab blanket and pillow when she would wake up crying complain about why is she crying make her go to sleep and go to the couch -_-...

I am drainned and exsausted and just everything she's on medication for it now but like tonight she won't go to sleep. all my boyfriend does is say sleep during the day, which sometimes I'm able to do but that's nota good enough reason as to why he can't help! Even during the day I ask can you change her diaper or feed her and he says no I'm tired you do it and I get upset and say you're tired?! I've been up all damn night you can feed help! He helps very little complains she is an annoying baby brcause she cries so much, and will do something if I show that I'm really pissed off. And I don't want it to be that way, we should both share the responsibility. I mean all I ask is give me one night at least where he does it all.

So this is long sorry kinda venting I guess but she's still is up and I'm sleepy here and his ass is sleep on the couch. But well any ideas on how I should approach him on helping with her? This isn't his first child he has two others so he should understand or hell his ass probably didn't help with them either! >_

I know it's kind my fault because well I'm allowing it but I've had enough. I know it will not change unless I do something about it thT will make the change. And stop accepting this and putting everything on my shoulders because it's hard to carry!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• My son had acid reflux too. I am sorry to hear that because the next 6 months or your life or so are going to be hell.

I was told by my doctor and someone who did put their GERD baby on medication never to put a child on medication for it because it actually causes them to not outgrow it. You should do some research maybe they have new stuff out now but I am glad I did not medicate my son because around seven months he outgrew it and is perfectly fine now. The lady who medicated her daughter says her daughter still has it and she is 16 now and will probably never outgrow it.

Anyway, your boyfriend is a typical guy. Doesn't want to understand how hard it is for you because if he did it would mean he would have to help a bit. I left me ex for this and honestly it is not any harder being a single mom. I am still doing all the work and still not getting any sleep but at least now I don't have my piece of sh*t ex to resent. I am happy now.

He says she is an annoying baby. WTF she is in serious pain. Of course she is going to cry most of the time. I want to punch him in the face for you and her. Only people who have had a baby with acid reflux will understand what you are going through unfortunately, eveyone else will just be like that baby is fussy or all babies cry, it's normal. I am sorry to say. I understand. It sucks.

• Selected as most helpful

He sounds like a irresponsible father. And a jackass. He should be proud to have brought a child into the world. Shit if your baby is sick you should have some remorse when it wakes up in pain not criticize it. That just shows he's not a man but a little boy. Both you and your daughter deserve to be treated better than that. And your boyfriend must be stupid complaining that his baby cries too much. That's what they do, more so when in pain. You should tell him straight up that your tired and your the one who just carried a child for 9 month, that your exhausted and need help. That he should take some responsibility in raising the child. If he decides to be a jackass then try to leave him if you can. I know that's hard with a baby, so maybe not right away but when you become stable enough to. You sound like a great mother and seeing your pic your very beautiful and I'm sure your daughter Makayla will grow up to be just as her mother. Your boyfriend should be proud to have found you and treat you like a queen. And Makayla as a princess, beautiful name by the way. I hope things get better for you and your boyfriend pulls his head out of his ass. I for one would love to find someone like you to mother my child. So again hope you and Makayla take care and that she gets better.

• I love this answer.

• I like that, shows you are a good person. And I made a new face book but couldn't see much unless you friend me. I sent a request, should be from Chad. My computer wouldn't load twitter for some reason.And would be glad to have you be my first fb friend, never really used computer for anything but games and research before guysaskgirls lol

• Yeah he better pull his ass out and quick! Because I will help take care of them and treat them as if they were my own but I can't do it all not all by myself. I hope you find that notebook lol =P and yeah Imma need a big bat! And I can say she can't date till she is thirty but we all know that ain't gonna happen! =D well my twitter I post pictures of her on there too if you ever go on there I think it's just an open page gossipgirl22 is my username I think you can search it. =D

• Show Older
  • how irresponsible of him

• wow, geeze

• Yep he does

• he has 2 other kids from a previous woman?

• Show Older
  • well I'm sorry your boyfriend is very irresponsible and immature and I'm sorry what you are going through it must be very hard

i would have a talk and say straighten up or your gone why have him there when your doing all the work and he has no responsibility

• Tried talking to him still didn't seem he cared he just said your the mother that's what mothers do I'm like WTF about the father? He said his presents should Be enough I told him no you need to help I'm sick of everything being dumped on me! Heard him later on talking to a friend from meet me online he showed me before who she is a lesbian, didn't even mention he has a new daughter and lied and said he has his own place and didn't mention me either...so he can bounce I do everything anyway.

• You seem really like a good woman and mother, I am really sad about you believe me 85% of the girls are the same position as you :( I have a baby cousin, she's just that cute whenever I was at their house I carry the baby to help her mom, and I was enjoying so much she was just so cuteee! :) I can't think if it was my daughter ..

• Well you knew what you had coming, why even have a baby with a guy who is not mature and sleeps all day. this is really all on you sorry to be so blunt

• yes you are making the right choice by leaving, with this spit you can work on your self and find another man

• Yes I understand that I'm not upset iand I don't regret anything about it because I hav a beautiful little girl here. I don't give a rats booty (just.. Go with it lol) really I want him to help participate because I want her to have a father in her life but if he don't wanna help thennhe can f***in bounce like a bunny rabbit out the damn door. I want him to help forth sake of his relationship with her and well for my sanity I admit it. But yes next baby not with this foo.

• if wouldn't matter if you open your legs should have wear a condom. lol next time you have a kid more sure the next man not boy is mature, has his own place and stable.

• Show Older
  • Unfortunately your story sound like something that happens out there way too much. Men who father children that they won't and don't want anything to do with hardly. I never had any children, but have always realized that when you do bring a child into this world, it is a major responsibility. But I have a feeling that most people don't think as hard about this matter and just jump right into having children. Now that you are a mother and trying to do the best you can, you might want to just try to gently prod the lethargic father of your child to participate more. He probably did'nt have too a good an experience with his father and has not too many good role models to follow. If he is a decent person, he should realize after awhile that he needs to help you, if not, then you would have to bite the bullet and just try to find other means of support, whether emotional or financial or any other means... Good Luck.

• Yeah his father wasn't in his life and now that I know moreabout him his brothers and himself are basically all the same his mom had four boys and she doesn't work uses off otherpeople and lives with her momma and gets her money -_- didn't teach her children to be responsible how could she when she wasn't! But if this is all going to be on me well I'm going to teach my daughter like my mom taught me to not just depend on other people. Work for what you want not beg.