Do you say hateful things easily?

It's all in the question. So do you say hateful things easily? Even if you don't really hate the person you are saying it to, but because you are irritated because of the person or something, you end up saying something really hateful or offensive. How often does that happen?

I know a few guys who get hateful real easily and it seems that nowadays that some guys are real quick to call women whores, sluts, bitches etc. and some girls are quick to call men jerks, a**holes, p****** etc.

As for myself, I don't usually say those types of things about others, but that maybe just because I usually take out my anger and irritation by physical means, going for a jog or working out in the gym.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 39

What Guys Said 14

• Selected as most helpful

Well, I'm honest when the time comes for honesty. I'm not passive, but I never feel need to dis anyone or call unnecessary names or be derogatory. I usually address and solve my anger, or exert it elsewhere.

However, I CAN be brutal when effed with. I know insecurities and stay away from them, regardless of how I feel, but when a psycho ex (ex because he was VERY physically abusive) of mine attacked me verbally without cause frequently, I finally broke and said something below the belt. He is the ONLY one and I ONLY do it because he backs off. He's still not over it. (He's 5'2" so I said "Alright. Leave me alone now, wife beating midget with a small d***.") (Yet he calls me a retard, dumbass, bitch, whore, slut without any provocation, he'll text me things like "Hey ****, when you're not being a busy being a retard have my son call me, OK slut?." just randomly without reason. He's known to be incredibly impulsive and I used to excuse it because I would justify that he 'couldn't help it', or 'didn't mean to', and then I realized he was leaning on that crutch.

• I see. Then I can understand that he would take it to heart.

• Also I'm usually very tolerant. Knowing that he pushed me into saying something, he knew I said it because it was true, not just to get his ego, but that I knew it would knowing his insecurities. It very much shook him up. Usually though, as I said, you're hard pressed to get me to dis someone because I see it as unnecessary and inappropriate. This one...was necessary and appropriate. And knowing that the first two were facts, he was left to assume the 3rd was. (;

• Lol yes. Very. Which is why I rarely mentioned it prior, and thus made it a bold and effective insult, in both arenas. As I said, he still hasn't let that ONE comment go. (;

• Show Older
  • not at all. because I don't like hurting people because I know what it feels like to get hurt too.

• yeah.i think you're right.(:

• Thanks for answering. Though I doubt that there are many people that don't know what it feels like to hurt.

• sometimes, but others I'm just mad and say whatever is on my mind. it might not be hateful but it can be rude.

• Yeah, you are ruse butyou aren't exactly saying the person is fat so the person can't get mad

• So I see. I would just put them like this: "You might need to go on a diet." is usually considered a rude thing to say, but not hateful where as "You are a fatass." is considered hateful. So it's more to do with the wording and tone for me at least.

• Rude might be something real but not to be said and hateful is saying stuff that exposes a bad trait mockingly or discriminatively ? I don't know I'm not sure hahah

• Show Older
  • I have a very quick temper but I watch what I say because when you say hurtful things, although you may apologize but you've already said it. Words can cut like a knife. Although I may accept your apology, I'm still going to be hurt. Don't say things to others that you wouldn't want said to you!

• Thank you for answering.

• No, but then again I'm not an emotionally-motivated person. I think hateful things sometimes, but unless there's a practical purpose to causing someone to get upset & despise you, there's no point in saying it. It doesn't make me feel good to say it or see the other person get hurt/offended/riled up. No point.

• Thank you for answering.

• It's fairly easy for me to *think* hateful things, but it really takes a lot for me to actually say them.

Some people offer insults, like the ones you mentioned, out of hurt. They get angry because they're in pain - so they lash out. It all has to do with emotion. People do a lot of crazy things when their judgment is being clouded by strong emotions.

The people I have no patience for are those that mean, not out of emotion, but out of joy. Some people are genuinely delighted to make others feel bad. It can sometimes come from a life of being in that kind of environment themselves, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, people just like it, which worries me a bit.

• Thank you for answering.

• No. I try not to. Doesn't mean it never happened though. In all honesty I really try not to. Being mean doesn't really solve anything but again it's hard to control what you say when you're emotional sometimes. XD

• Np. Nothing good. XD That's why it's best to stay clam because you can't take back what you said and sorry doesn't always help.

• Thank you for answering. But what happens when you fail to contain those feelings?

• Yes, but I'm usually half joking half mad.

• Look at the Question I posed on my Reality Check yesters, maybe you saw it :D. That's what happens. Tho, I apologized for most of it.

• Thank you for answering. What happens when you are truly mad?

• I say hateful things to a certain person that I dislike and I don't give anymore about feeling bad after.

I don't say those things either. I'm a really calm person, so I don't say hateful things easily.

• Maybe but I really dislike that person.

• Thank you for answering. But doesn't saying them to that single person make you more vulnerable to saying those things to someone else?

• All the time. I curse people out at the drop of a hat. I usually feel bad afterward, but I have a very short temper. I can actually be the most hateful with people I know well, I'm not sure why though.

• I've gotten a bit more hateful.

• Thank you for answering. Do you think you've grown more hateful with age or has it dropped or stayed the same?

• No, I don't I know it sounds warm and fuzzy, but I have to much love inside of me to say hurtful things to people. Even when they have hurt me. That does not mean I am a door matt, I will let you know if you fu$k with me. :-). I hope that makes sense.

• Thank you for answering.

• Awww :)

• No I don't do that easily. I need to be ultra angry or upset to do that. And it didn't occur more than 3 times to date.

• Thank you for answering.

• i don't say unless I'm really pissed off but I often say the word a**holes thou :p

• i find arsehole is kinda cute LOL I call my close friend arsehole lol

• Thank you for answering. What causes you to use that word so often then?

• I rarely do but when I do, I feel very nauseous and I can't sleep much until I apologize and make sure they're okay. Although the hateful things aren't like your examples. lol Recently I called someone a Grinch and felt really bad about that when I thought they were hurt by it so I apologized.

• Thank you for answering.

• believe it or not, the first time I started to cursed was 9 months ago. I don't' do it often...but I know I will be back to the way I used to soon :)

not need to hate anyone

• Thank you for answering. What caused you to start curssing?

• i have the ability but not without reason

• my buttons pushed, basically the the HS drama women don't grow out of till age 101

• Thank you for answering. Whatkind of reason do you need?

• I don't at all, no matter how pisst mad I am I know what's

Coming out of my mouth! But I knew someone who can get

Extremely disrespectful once his mad..

Such a bad habit !

• Thank you for answering.

• I don't say those things out loud easily. In my head is a never ending string of hateful thoughts when I get irritated. I'm not the type if person to say a mean or hateful thing to someones face. I have a guilty conscience.

• Thank you for answering.

• I may say hateful things on a rant to one of my friends, or family members about someone who's bothering me, but it's just to get out my anger. I would never dream of saying that to their faces though

• Thank you for answering. Have you thought of other ways of getting that anger out of your system?

• yes, but I was diagnosed as being a psychopath last year so that might contribute to that

• Thank you for answering.

• no I don't say hateful things unless you reallllllllllly push me to the limit

• Thank you for answering.

• Show More
  • I'm a bitter man who puts on a facade of kindness and emotional stability, despite the fact that I'm capable of quite insanely irrational behavior :P (For example, saying out loud to his face that my Year 10 Science Teacher had a brain "the size of a Chinese Leprechauns testicle." D:)

• Thank you for answering.

• Oh definitely... I have a very brash and crude personality. Sometimes I can't believe some of the words that come out of my mouth... city living does that to you.

• Yes, a lot of it stems from environment. I say that because most of my "hateful" statements pertain to other people. In the city, there's an abundance of people. Hence, the more prevalent the hateful statements.

• Thanks for answering. So you think it's the enviroment you live in rather than a natural habit?

• No no I'm the exact opposite, I never do

• Thanks for the answer.

• Not easily, only when I mean it.

• Thank you for your answer.

• Only to people I'm close with, but they don't care because no one ever takes me seriously lol

• It does a little, but I say A LOT of stupid stuff, that's why...

• Thank you for answering. But doesn't that concern you? That they don't take you seriously?

• i think some guys are total jerks and are jerks all the time. The rest of the guys are respectful in general. Most girls are respectful when normal, but if they get emotional and upset many turn into hateful ans spiteful beings real quick.

• Thank you for answering.

• I used to. I was in a long term relationship I should have never been in. I would say harmful things just because the relationship wasn't what it should have been. Instead of getting out or trying hard to make it better, I just acted like a jerk. I didn't say terrible things, but things that hurt.

After the relationship ended, it took a couple years for me to really see how badly I treated her. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't THAT bad. We remained very good friends for years after that, but in hindsight I see how I could have done much better. For sure it fell into the "lessons learned" category. Woman are much more hurt by that kind of thing than men. I was too busy seeing things from my perspective as a man, and didn't spend enough time trying to understand what she wanted as a woman. It was my mistake.

Now I go out of my way to compliment a woman. I go out of my way to find out what is important to her, instead of trying to see it from my perspective. I understand that it doesn't have to make sense to me as a man. What matters is that it's important to her. I took too long to learn that lesson. I said things that hurt, thinking that because something like that wouldn't hurt me, it shouldn't hurt her either. Well it DID hurt her. And that's the only thing that matters.

• That probably wasn't the best way to say it. More like I try hard to remember to give them a compliment every now and then. Like with someone I know well, talking about every subject on the planet, it's easy to forget to say the little things. It doesn't come as natural to me as it does to other people, so I need to remind myself. It's always sincere and honest, I just forget to do it. And not just in relationships. For example telling a co-worker "looks good, you did a good job on that".

• Thank you for answering. You go out of your way to compliment a woman? Isn't that a little superficial?

• I like everybody. I even like Mitt Romney now that he's stopped approving messages.

• Thank you for answering.

• i seem to do. that worst part is that even when I try to be nice and peaceful people still seem to get offended at what I say. don't know if I am cursed or not

• Thank you for answering. Though I doubt you are cursed or anything.

• I can if I wanted to, but I lay low on it.

• Thank you for the answer.

• Sometimes. Usually after they bait me into it by doing it first. I know that two wrongs don't make a right and I shouldn't sink down to their level, but it will eventually come out if they keep pushing. I admit I have an anger problem, but I've noticed anytime that I keep my cool, it sends them into overdrive and I'll explode.

• Certainly is. Misery loves company,so they get even more pissed if you are not as pissed as they are. They'll try as hard as they can to get it that way.

• Thanks for answering. But it's logical isn't it? If they try to bait you and you don't do anything at first, then they will just try harder?

• I don't, My mother is an old fashioned christian caribbean woman, She raised me to be a disciplined person, neither of my parents had tolerance for BS or disrespectful nature.

Even as a kid, I would never insult anyone, I was somewhat of a gentle quiet kid, I have changed over the years but one thing remain, My manners. I won't insult people, I wouldn't disrespect people, EVEN if they made me very angry, I learned to bite my tongue and just walk away.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all" , This old fashion quote speaks for itself, Most people feel they HAVE to scream out their frustration towards people without thinking about it.

I have no tolerance for rude/inconsiderate people, IF you just scream out rude stuff left and right, I wouldn't want you in my life.

• ahh, in your example, that's perfectly fine because its a sport to work on. I criticise myself very harshly, I do martial arts, I'm more effective with my right leg than I am with my left, So I would sit there and analyze myself and even ask other people to point out my flaws from martial arts to anything else I do, so I can improve.

• I agree, it's not your decision and I'm glad you respect that. But I've played team sports all my life, so it's sort of grown on me to be a sort of bad guy in the respect that I'll be the one usually to point out flaws in something, play style or a single moment, team composition or someone slacking off, that sort of thing. But I always remember to critisize myself as well and strive to improve on those flaws rather than just use them to make someone feel down.

• good point, I might do that here and there but most of the time I try to keep my mouth shut. I know what you mean by constructive criticism, With friends who are in tight situations, ill give my advice but when it comes to their daily lives, that's their decision to make , not mine.

• Show Older
  • no I basically never do

• Thank you for answering.

• F*** you