If a guy doesn't initiate conversations, does that mean he's not interested?

So mostly, I initiate the conversation. I don't know if he's just shy to start it or he just doesn't want to talk to me. He told me he likes me and even said that he hopes we could continue to keep in touch some more. But, he still doesn't start convos.

Is he just waiting for me to start it again? Or is this a sign I should back off since he may not be as interested in me as I thought he was?

Last time we talked, I messaged him first and said hey. He replied saying ' long time to talk :)' If he really did want to talk to me, he could've just started one, right? He's confusing me right now.

Oh, one more thing. When I do start a convo, I usually just leave a message and log off for a while to do other stuff (since I don't know when he'll reply). He always replies and then wait for me to go online again so we could chat. Does that mean anything?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

that or he likes you and don't wana seem clingy or obvious

• Hmm tricky one, personally even if a guy is shy he will still show some way of interest.

Best thing ask him out?

• i think he is interested by the sounds of it. Maybe he's scared that he'll annoy you. Or maybe because you always start the conversation he feels like if you don't - you're busy or something. But it definitely sounds like he is interested if he is responding , plus he also said him self that he likes you.

• well I am a guy and if I like a girl sometimes I am to nervous to start a conversation but if am not interested in a girl I also won't start a conversation so it depends in your case it sounds like he likes you and is just nervous or does not want you to know he likes you.