Heartbreak is something everyone goes through at least once in a lifetime. This is my process and how I deal with it.
Let out all your frustration
Suppression isn't the way to go when it comes to healing a broken heart. The first and most important thing is to get all of it off your chest. Go to someone you know you can trust and let out all your frustrations.
Get in your feels
Now that you've experienced the anger part of a heartbreak it's time to face the inevitable feelings of sadness. It's 2 am and you're stuck awake with a million thoughts, what do you do? Embrace it. Something bad happened and it hurt you. You have the right to cry and feel sad about it.
Juggling the anger and sadness that heartbreak comes with is a pain, but now it's time to focus on what you're going to do to get through it.
Listen to good music
Skip the wallowing soundtrack. Listen to upbeat music that's going to make you feel better.
Be with friends
You can go out or stay in with friends, but surrounding yourself with people is a great distraction.
Have a movie night
When was the last time movie night didn't work? Pop some popcorn and queue up some good movies. Comedy never fails to get me out of a funk.
Eat your favorite foods
You can't let one shitty thing stop you from remembering how amazing food is. It's time to enjoy your favorite guilty pleasure meals completely guilt free.
Things To Avoid Doing
1. Stay away from anything or one that reminds you of the person who hurt you. You'll never heal if you keep picking at this open wound.
2. Keep your venting off the internet. Save your future self the unnecessary clean up.
3. Don't jump into a new relationship. Relationships tend to stand a better chance if the feelings from the previous one were dealt with first.
4. Don't indulge in self destructive behavior. Self destruction never solved anything. Choose self care over destruction in any situation.
5. Don't let nostalgia have you feeling worse than you should. Nostalgia is quite the liar. It will have you remembering things as being way better than they ever were.