Have you ever let your pride in the way and say things that make you look bad?

I am a very prideful person. If I don't want a person to see me as weak or as vulnerable I will do everything in my power to protect my pride. Sometimes it gets me in big trouble. My boyfriend broke up with me a month ago and just so I wouldn't seem like I wasn't affected over my recent breakup, I told my ex I never loved him, just wanted the sex, and that I cheated on him, even those things are NOT true. He also raised a concern about weather I was moving on and I told him I was going out with multiple guys and I was having sex with a man whom i refused to enter a relationship with. So I pretty much told him I was a lying cheating whore, so I wouldn't look weak... yeah I know I'm stupid.

So I'm curious, as anyone else had this problem?

65

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you are a very strong person to write this. Knowing our own faults and taking ourselves seriously is a strength and a step to better lives. Now you just have to work on it :) I'm really proud of you that you can write this kind of thing.

I've definitely had pride take me out. Once upon a time before I married, I had quite a love affair with myself. I was young, smart, and had some VERY big accomplishments for someone under 21. There are people in this world who could have done just as well but didn't have the same opportunities I had, and it was foolishness to take so much credit for myself. I was poised to have a rocket of a career. Until the arrogance machine bit me in the ass.

The good news is my life went on and I'm happy. The bad news (or maybe good news in disguise) is that my pride fell down in a way that it never was able to get back up again. It broke me, but I would like to think for the better.