Just can't get over him. It's almost two years now. Anyone else feel like this about an ex?

Like I had fallen in love with my ex best friend. He said I love you first everything he said first. Never thought he'd betray me and went back with his abusive ex. But I truly loved him, unconditionally, even when he fell out of being in love with me. He did a lot that hurt me. But I have dated other guys, tried everything. It's like even if given the chance to be with him I wouldn't. Cause he's toxic now. But I just can't fall out of love, and in October is going to make it 2 years since I last saw him. I don't message him at all, but he'll call out of the blue and we'll talk like how we used to a little. We had amazing chemistry and he made me so damn happy but then all the horrible things he did just scarred me. Up to this day I break down in tears. Most days I am fine I am strong and I know the possibilities for my life. But then some days my chest feels heavy, my throat tightens, tears fall, I just feel so hollow. And it kills me inside. But I know one day I will completely heal. I hope for the best thing to happen, to move on and that one day i will be with the person that will be my future. But right now I wonder how long it will take. I tried dating another guy but it just made the hurt for my ex bestie worse. He just threw away something amazing for someone who abuses him.

Anyone has that one ex that they know they will never be over no matter who comes along? or had this kind of experience?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Happens.

My ex was in so crazy love with me that she still remembers me after 2 years. And she will always remember me when I become popular and famous. But I had to take a stand you know, even if that hurts.

Most Helpful Girl

• OH.MY.GAWDDDDD...yes!!! Long story short, I fell head over heels in love with this guy. We dated for two years until I had enough of his bullshit and broke up with him. I was devastated which seems like forever that I made that choice. But hey, I realized that I was in love with the whole idea of love and us being happy together. etc etc...but when I really looked back at our relationship I settled for a lot of shit that I should never have! I made excuses all up and down for this guy but in reality he's just a fucking asshole. simple as that. I had to fight through all that heartbreak and pull myself together to convince myself I deserved better than that. And the sooner you realize that and believe in it, the better life is.

• Following you, FB for message shotta

• Going through the same thing now...urgh this hurts so bad...and i just hate that i feel like i am being faithful to a man that i can never be with you know :'(