Breaking up because of graduation?

I've been dating my "boyfriend" for six months now. We have been seeing each other, but we never made it completely official partially because of the timing because we were seniors in college, and for some other reasons. Anyway, we've gotten really close the past six months and we are about to graduate from college. He is moving to China to teach English and I'm moving back home. I know we have to break up for practical reasons, but that doesn't make it easier. I know that he isn't "the one", but I still really care about him and I am going to miss him so much. Does anyone have advice on how to move on from a breakup that neither of you want to happen, but has to?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Wow, well congradualations on graduating soon. I think this break up will be tough. It doesn't mean that you and him can't still talk and communicate even though he is moving away.I feel you both can still be friends if he means that much to you.Also I feel some ways you can move on from this is either delete him from your life which is the extreme way to do it. Meaning getting rid of everything that reminds you of him to forget about him.

Another way you can move on is by keeping yourself very busy by doing things that make you happy whether it's music, exercisng, some type of hobby, any sport, etc.

The most important thing is try not to hold on to the past. Once you graduate just try and move forward. The more you think about him and dwell about him then the harder it will be to forget about him and move on from him. I feel you can get past this but it's going to take a lot of work and motivation if you want to forget about him. You can always date other guys when your ready.I think once you heal fully from the break up then moving on will be very easy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes